• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Latest Netflix Selection?

Geoff

Main thing I like about these movies is that the idea of a rage virus is more believable...but I'd have to admit the old George Romero movies are so campy that they can be quite entertaining.

I prefer Milla Jovovich in the Resident Evil movies but that has nothing to do with believable. :)

Zombieland is one of the better movies I've seen this year. It totally appeals to my sense of humor.

hammer

I prefer Milla Jovovich in the Resident Evil movies but that has nothing to do with believable. :)

Zombieland is one of the better movies I've seen this year. It totally appeals to my sense of humor.
Zombieland is on my instant queue, definitely want to see again...

noski

Death at a Funeral (2007 British version) was pretty entertaining. Not the funniest movie I have ever seen (I leave that honor to Airplane! or any Mel Brooks movie), but still several laugh-out-loud sections.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Watched 28 Weeks Later last night. Gross! While watching it, I had the brilliant idea (or so I thought)--that there needed to be a zombie ski movie. I thought it was original--it's not. Check out Dead Snow. It's available for instant viewing and is now in the queue.

bvibert

Staff member
severine said:
I had the brilliant idea (or so I thought)--that there needed to be a zombie ski movie. I thought it was original--it's not. Check out Dead Snow. It's available for instant viewing and is now in the queue.

Turns out that its not really a ski movie (there's only mention of one character supposedly skiing), nor is it in English. Still not too bad if you enjoy zombie movies and don't mind reading subtitles...

Edd

No disc needed to stream on the Wii (or PS3) anymore. They also improved the software on the Wii so that you can search for flicks by title. Pretty sweet.

bvibert

Staff member
No disc needed to stream on the Wii (or PS3) anymore. They also improved the software on the Wii so that you can search for flicks by title. Pretty sweet.

Thanks, I didn't realize that we could search by title on the Wii now.

hammer

Searching is included on the xBox 360 as well. Just had a recent system update so I'm not sure if the search function was there before or just added.

Mildcat

Watched most of 2012 last night. Easily the worst movie I've seen in a while.

BackLoafRiver

Watched a few more episodes of Season 2 of the Tudors. (up at 3:15 a.m. due to leg pain)
I really like the show. Some good acting. Peter O'Toole as the pope was a good cast IMHO. Not sure I love how they portrayed Thomas Tallis.

noski

The Family Stone

Just sent back The Family Stone. We actually quite enjoyed it. Sarah Jessica Parker (I really liked how she portrayed her shallow character), Diane Keaton, Craig T.Nelson, other names. Light hearted, funny, poignant.

ctenidae

I heard that was really bad. I almost watched that a couple of weeks ago but I decided to watch paint dry instead.

The chicks aren't even very hot.
I mean, not that I'd kick them out of bed for eating crackers, but still. Hasbro did not find another Megan Fox.

bvibert

Staff member
Bitch Slap - the acting amd story can be a little tough to watch, but the scenery isn't too bad.

Edd

Warren Miller's Dynasty. I don't usually love his films as ski movies go but this was better than average for sure.

Netflix streaming has a good handful of ski flicks, mostly WM but it's nice for a quick fix.

Geoff

I tried to watch Angelina Jolie's first movie "Cyborg 2" from when she was 18 but I fell asleep and woke up for the last 2 minutes of the movie. I'll give it another try. I also watched her in "Hackers" recently. They're awful movies but it satisfies my curiousity about what she looked like in her early movies.

Mildcat

I tried to watch Angelina Jolie's first movie "Cyborg 2" from when she was 18 but I fell asleep and woke up for the last 2 minutes of the movie. I'll give it another try. I also watched her in "Hackers" recently. They're awful movies but it satisfies my curiousity about what she looked like in her early movies.

Gia's the only way to go if you want to watch an Angelina Jolie movie. :flag: