• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic - 2/20/09

Greg

Staff member
but i had a freakin blast today. that cant be captured on anything other then my soul.

Wanna know how I know you're gay?

:razz:

Seriously, Magic is indeed a special place. Hoping to revisit this year.

2knees

Wanna know how I know you're gay?

:razz:

Seriously, Magic is indeed a special place. Hoping to revisit this year.

wow, i cant even edit that now. never post right after twisting one.

it was nice today and i do need to pick up a fatter pair of sticks. those are inarguable facts.

deadheadskier

Staff member
i'm sure they'd do fine.

I think you underestimate how much better/easier you can ski with something in the 90+ range underfoot in the conditions you were skiing in today.

You were killing it on those skinny sticks and I know it's the wizard not the wand, but it's night in day how much better I can ski in those types of conditions with my 110 waisted skis compared to my 78 or 70's.

Honestly man,

Once you go Fat, you never go Back :lol:

roark

Wow, a JimG appearance, definitely time for a Magic outing methinks.

Still waiting for the vid on my crappy connection. Can't get there this weekend unless I can convince the family (not likely), hopefully Monday.

roark

sheez pat, of all the 10 people that ski magic and post online you had to get the same jacket as me huh.

vids look good, wish I could have been there.

danny p

sick vids guys, glad you got some! no worries about bailing pat...the 10 minutes I waited around was the only break I took for 6.5 hours! Next time!

madskier6

but i had a freakin blast today. that cant be captured on anything other then my soul.

Wow, you're really getting philosophical there, Pat. I was wondering what substances you had run into on the way home. But then it all made sense . . .

wow, i cant even edit that now. never post right after twisting one.

are you kidding? that is the best time to post!

I should have known!

Seriously, nice videos & looks like a great day at Magic. I gotta get out & get me some of this new snow. And deadheadskier is right, fatter skis make the pow so much more enjoyable. I know Pat realizes this. It's definitely the skier not the ski but when the skiers are that good, the fatter skis make a big difference in the fun factor for those skiers.

2knees

sheez pat, of all the 10 people that ski magic and post online you had to get the same jacket as me huh.

vids look good, wish I could have been there.

I paid $35 bucks for mine at Bob's. couldnt turn that down. but its already ripped in two places.

hopefully i can get back there this year. would be cool to ski with you there now. you must know it awfully well by now. as in some more off the beaten path kinda way....... hint hint wink wink.

powbmps

Yeah there had to be some great stuff in the woods that we weren't aware of.

roark

I paid $35 bucks for mine at Bob's. couldnt turn that down. but its already ripped in two places.

hopefully i can get back there this year. would be cool to ski with you there now. you must know it awfully well by now. as in some more off the beaten path kinda way....... hint hint wink wink.

I have no idea what you're talking about. The east side has some great groomers if that's what you mean.:flag:

2knees

I have no idea what you're talking about. The east side has some great groomers if that's what you mean.:flag:

so go east young man. or are you throwing me off the trail here....

seriously, give me a tour sometime. please please please. i see that same huck in the trees on tgr over and over. i promise i'll keep my mouth shut.

roark

so go east young man. or are you throwing me off the trail here....

seriously, give me a tour sometime. please please please. i see that same huck in the trees on tgr over and over. i promise i'll keep my mouth shut.

Bust out the old yellow jacket/windpants combo and we can talk.

I can show you some stuff but lots of folks there know waaaaay more than me. The Magic maggots are good people. Let me know next time you're up. I'll be there Monday.

sledhaulingmedic

Sounds like it rocked. GD, I miss being there every week. I'll be up Friday and Saturday, although it looks lke I won't get a ton of runs in, but, what the heck. It's all good.

2knees

:oops: not sure what kismet means but if it means by chance, then yes, it was just that.

bvibert

Staff member
Nice work guys! Looks like it was pretty damn enjoyable. Now I'm REALLY jealous. :eek: