• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Elan 888 vs Fischer Watea 94 vs Volkl Mantra

Grassi21

Also available from sierraski for $323 and free shipping. I'm getting mine from them.

Sierra seems to be the spot this spring. I've been keeping my eyes on the 84. Still having the internal battle of buying another set of boards.

wa-loaf

Sierra seems to be the spot this spring.

They seem to be pretty willing to just blow everything out in the spring. I bought my boots from them 2 years ago. Similar deals last year. I just couldn't pull the trigger then.

An yea, just do it. You'll feel better. :daffy:

wa-loaf

They're here:

watea94.JPG

Grassi21

yeah, that was pretty messed up...did you already buy a pair of new skis this season or not?

i grabbed some volkl gotamas in 176 length. Last season I bought a pair of Nordica Hot Rods that are 162 in length. After skiing the Got I miss the added length and flat mounted bindings. Trying to unload the Hot Rods for $350 and a pair of intermediate Heads for $75. If I could guarantee that I can unload those two sets of skis at a ski swap I wouldn't feel bad about grabbing the Watea. Decisions...

PS - I am a gear whore.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
i grabbed some volkl gotamas in 176 length. Last season I bought a pair of Nordica Hot Rods that are 162 in length. After skiing the Got I miss the added length and flat mounted bindings. Trying to unload the Hot Rods for $350 and a pair of intermediate Heads for $75. If I could guarantee that I can unload those two sets of skis at a ski swap I wouldn't feel bad about grabbing the Watea. Decisions...

PS - I am a gear whore.
LOL. At least you got one new toy.

wa-loaf

PS - I am a gear whore.

Of course you can unload them. Just explain the old buy low sell high thing to your wife. It's spring, prices are low. Buy the Wateas. In the fall folks are thinking skiing and there is more demand for skis. Sell the old ones then . . .

Grassi21

Of course you can unload them. Just explain the old buy low sell high thing to your wife. It's spring, prices are low. Buy the Wateas. In the fall folks are thinking skiing and there is more demand for skis. Sell the old ones then . . .

Oooooh. That's a good angle. :)

Grassi21

I feel dirty and ashamed for my actions....

That is until I ski the 84s for the first time next season. :)

SkiingInABlueDream

I skied primarily on my 94 Watea's this season and absolutely love them. I think they do everything well - powder, chowder, crud, groomers, pretty manageable in the bumps too. That said all my previous skis have been 74 (Dynastar 4800's) or narrower underfoot and I never demo'd I just bought the Watea's on a whim a year ago, so maybe I'd raving about any ski in this class...

Mine are the 07-08 season w/ different graphic but same ski otherwise.

Last edited: