• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Berkshire East - 02/22/09 - Powder!

LiftlineRedcoat

Yep, what a great day. :grin: Every trail on the hill open again. Great bumps on Grizzly, Liftline and Jug, soft sweetness in the woods everywhere. Hard to beat it..

Thanks for linking the video BeastPatroller, you beat me to it!

TheBEast

Have to pad my video count 8-P

Oh but from the sounds of it VT is getting hammered.....March 20th isn't coming fast enough!

TheBEast

Ah if it's open, we're skiing it. That's what makes the BEast so much fun! Good woods. Gotta get in there next fall and "freshen" a few of them up!

LiftlineRedcoat

Any day where there's enough snow cover is the right day to patrol in the woods! There's a lot of great little spots that open up only a few days a year at the BEast, yesterday was one of those days...

BTW, here's a link to Thursday's clip on Vimeo:

http://www.vimeo.com/3302830

I'll post a link to today's clip on Vimeo later this evening after it finishes processing.

Last edited:

Greg

Staff member
Great video. The cover at the BEast looks great. Gotta get up there.

TheBEast

Great video. The cover at the BEast looks great. Gotta get up there.

Most of the woods still have that solid base from the thaw and the snow from Wed/Thurs last week so most of the woods have a solid base read for more powder!

East Glade - nice but thin in spots as usual
Tomahawk - top is out but down lower is good
Blizzard Island - $$$$
West peak off the Quad - due to the low traffic over there it's good

Didn't ski The Beast or Horris' Grove as too many other lines to ski in such a short amount of time :wink: