• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Kasmir/Gulmarg India - 16/02/2009

dmc

Did anyone fill you in on the Stamford Chimpanzee incident when you were away?

yeah... i was in Stamford yesterday... It was the talk... Apparently it was pretty bad...

dmc

Of course we did some sightseeing in Delhi on the way back...
Saw some cool stuff...
this is a tomb in Humayun's tomb complex...

dmc

Some video of the ridge and the hotel..

Warp Daddy

The scope of that terrain is huge ! What was the vert ?Base alt.? How did it affect you in terms of alt adjustment ?

Thanks again for thus great travelog

dmc

The scope of that terrain is huge ! What was the vert ?Base alt.? How did it affect you in terms of alt adjustment ?

Thanks again for thus great travelog

The day i actually remembered it - my GPS was showing 13,600 at the highest on a hike.. We hiked higher then that during the week.
Hotel was 8,500
Gondi started at 8,600
Midstation was 10,000
Top was at 12,900

So thats close to 3000' vert on the top gondola... Or the alpine area...
a run off the high ridge is 2 miles to the middle station...

There is now grooming per say... the "groom" 2 trails from the mid station to the bottom but the trail is as wide as the groomer and is filled with people lower down...

You can hire kids to carry skis if you don't feel like using the gondola...

snoseek

I vote this best TR of the year-maybe ever on this board. that ridge looks absolutely pasted with snow!!!

Warp Daddy

The day i actually remembered it - my GPS was showing 13,600 at the highest on a hike.. We hiked higher then that during the week.
Hotel was 8,500
Gondi started at 8,600
Midstation was 10,000
Top was at 12,900

So thats close to 3000' vert on the top gondola... Or the alpine area...
a run off the high ridge is 2 miles to the middle station...

There is now grooming per say... the "groom" 2 trails from the mid station to the bottom but the trail is as wide as the groomer and is filled with people lower down...

You can hire kids to carry skis if you don't feel like using the gondola...

AMAZING !!!!!!!! man what an adventure .

gladerider

that prior splitboard looks very fitting for the kulmarg occasion :) looks dope, thanks for the pix

dmc

that prior splitboard looks very fitting for the kulmarg occasion :) looks dope, thanks for the pix

Walking into the Dubai indoor ski area with a giant bc split raised more then a few eyebrows from the middle eastern jibbers...

gladerider

Walking into the Dubai indoor ski area with a giant bc split raised more then a few eyebrows from the middle eastern jibbers...

haha, i thought the board was awesome but i actually didn't think about the fact that you were in dubai. bc split in dubai...that would've been a sight....haha