I've got a treat for you bacon lovers! - Page 26

AlpineZone

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by o3jeff View Post
    You going?
    Too far

Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

Support the economy- eat more bacon.
    If it's snowin' I'm goin'

Check this out.

The New York State Fair was this past week. I work there as a stagehand and other small things and this year they had something new food wise and I thought of this thread.

Chocolate covered bacon. I never heard of it but it was good lol. For 5 bucks you get three pieces...chocolate covered bacon strips...lol

next best thing to jerkey lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mpdsnowman View Post
    Check this out.

The New York State Fair was this past week. I work there as a stagehand and other small things and this year they had something new food wise and I thought of this thread.

Chocolate covered bacon. I never heard of it but it was good lol. For 5 bucks you get three pieces...chocolate covered bacon strips...lol

next best thing to jerkey lol
    Great stuff! At the 2 local fairs in my area the last 2 weekends, they've had a few vendors selling chocolate covered bacon. 1 vendor just gave you the strips of bacon covered in chocolate and the other vendor had taken the strips of bacon and put them on basically a wooden shish kabob stick in a "S" shape and then deep fried the bacon on the stick. He then let those cool down (basically he did all of the bacon deep frying as prep work before the fair opened each day), and when you ordered it, he then took the cooled, dry, crispy bacon on the stick and dipped it in warm chocolate and then put some fine chopped peanuts and sprinkles on it. This was my favorite as the bacon was crispy, whereas the vendor who was just dipping the strips of bacon on chocolate had some parts of the bacon that were chewy and some that were crispy - basically a but inconsistant with each bite - not awful by any means but not as good as the guy selling the "stick mounted" chocolate covered bacon!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1 (Mount Snow)

I saw something this weekend about a bacon canoli somewhere ... now i can't find it
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Great stuff! At the 2 local fairs in my area the last 2 weekends, they've had a few vendors selling chocolate covered bacon. 1 vendor just gave you the strips of bacon covered in chocolate and the other vendor had taken the strips of bacon and put them on basically a wooden shish kabob stick in a "S" shape and then deep fried the bacon on the stick. He then let those cool down (basically he did all of the bacon deep frying as prep work before the fair opened each day), and when you ordered it, he then took the cooled, dry, crispy bacon on the stick and dipped it in warm chocolate and then put some fine chopped peanuts and sprinkles on it. This was my favorite as the bacon was crispy, whereas the vendor who was just dipping the strips of bacon on chocolate had some parts of the bacon that were chewy and some that were crispy - basically a but inconsistant with each bite - not awful by any means but not as good as the guy selling the "stick mounted" chocolate covered bacon!
    Awwww see you got the "deluxe" version cause you had the sprinkles and nuts on them lol...

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    I just shed a few tears after reading that. Screw the ongoing DNC, that should of been the lead story on every national news broadcast last night as that really is a national tragedy!
    '07--08 season: 51 Days, '08-'09 season: 55 Days, '09-'10 season: 41 Days, '10-'11 season: 49 days, '11-'12 season: 40 Days '12-'13 season: 57 days, '13-'14 season, 60 days '14-'15 season 60 days, '15-'16 season 52 days, '16-'17 season: 50 days, '17-'18 season 52 days, '18-'19 season 45 days '07-'19 seasons: 612 Days

'19 - '20 season:

November: 16.17,23,29,30 (Mount Snow)
    December: 1 (Mount Snow)

Thread Information