• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

I've got a treat for you bacon lovers!

gmcunni

1064aca6-c309-4dd6-9b03-ba251f78ff7d.png

drjeff

I know that chocolate covered bacon has been mentioned multiple times in this thread already, but I did see a segment on the local Hartford NBC affiliate a couple of days ago about some of the new food items that will be sold at the Big E this year, and chocolate covered bacon was one of them! The perfect walk around snack as you're seeking out some of the other wonderful items to eat there such as a bacon cheeseburger with a grilled glazed donut for a bun, deep fried lasagna and deep fried oreos! :)

Mpdsnowman

Check this out.

The New York State Fair was this past week. I work there as a stagehand and other small things and this year they had something new food wise and I thought of this thread.

Chocolate covered bacon. I never heard of it but it was good lol. For 5 bucks you get three pieces...chocolate covered bacon strips...lol

next best thing to jerkey lol

drjeff

Check this out.

The New York State Fair was this past week. I work there as a stagehand and other small things and this year they had something new food wise and I thought of this thread.

Chocolate covered bacon. I never heard of it but it was good lol. For 5 bucks you get three pieces...chocolate covered bacon strips...lol

next best thing to jerkey lol

Great stuff! At the 2 local fairs in my area the last 2 weekends, they've had a few vendors selling chocolate covered bacon. 1 vendor just gave you the strips of bacon covered in chocolate and the other vendor had taken the strips of bacon and put them on basically a wooden shish kabob stick in a "S" shape and then deep fried the bacon on the stick. He then let those cool down (basically he did all of the bacon deep frying as prep work before the fair opened each day), and when you ordered it, he then took the cooled, dry, crispy bacon on the stick and dipped it in warm chocolate and then put some fine chopped peanuts and sprinkles on it. This was my favorite as the bacon was crispy, whereas the vendor who was just dipping the strips of bacon on chocolate had some parts of the bacon that were chewy and some that were crispy - basically a but inconsistant with each bite - not awful by any means but not as good as the guy selling the "stick mounted" chocolate covered bacon! :)

Mpdsnowman

Great stuff! At the 2 local fairs in my area the last 2 weekends, they've had a few vendors selling chocolate covered bacon. 1 vendor just gave you the strips of bacon covered in chocolate and the other vendor had taken the strips of bacon and put them on basically a wooden shish kabob stick in a "S" shape and then deep fried the bacon on the stick. He then let those cool down (basically he did all of the bacon deep frying as prep work before the fair opened each day), and when you ordered it, he then took the cooled, dry, crispy bacon on the stick and dipped it in warm chocolate and then put some fine chopped peanuts and sprinkles on it. This was my favorite as the bacon was crispy, whereas the vendor who was just dipping the strips of bacon on chocolate had some parts of the bacon that were chewy and some that were crispy - basically a but inconsistant with each bite - not awful by any means but not as good as the guy selling the "stick mounted" chocolate covered bacon! :)

Awwww see you got the "deluxe" version cause you had the sprinkles and nuts on them lol...