• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Magic: Red Chair is Back!

sledhaulingmedic

Just got word that the Red Chair is spinning. They have an appointment fo 08:00 with the lift inspector tomorrow, all should be go.

Woo HOOOOOOOOO!

bvibert

Staff member
That's excellent, thanks for the update!

Lets hope this is the last of their chair lift woes for awhile.

twinplanx

What happened, guess imissed it

Wait for it...wait for it...

OK almost 9am now how did the inspection go. Magic can not really afford for these things to happen to them (IMHO)

Oh I see Islander didn't dig deep enuf to find out what happened to the lift... Well I'm guilty of being ignorant as well cause I would post the link if I knew how:spin:

Trekchick

Even thought I've never been to Magic, I'd love to hit that place after a huge storm.

I think I may do an impromptu storm chase road trip in the East next year.

roark

Even thought I've never been to Magic, I'd love to hit that place after a huge storm.

I think I may do an impromptu storm chase road trip in the East next year.
It is true that Magic is stellar after a dump. The 'only good on a powder day' rep bugs me though. Provided there is adequate natural snow cover (snowmaking is pretty minimal) it's still way better than most other hills in the region IMHO. The terrain is just more interesting and the vibe suits me just right. Great cruisers on the east side and challenge on the west.