• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown - 3/2/09

Greg

Staff member
Pat - Suck it up and get contacts. I've had them since I was 16 and you really do get over the creepiness quickly. I can't see past about 6-8" from my face without them and there's no way I'm skiing in glasses. Be a man, sack up, and see again! ;)

Agreed. Don't be a P----! ;)

Trekchick

But I did dabble in the bottom bumps. Last run of the night, I hit 8-10 of them successively. By about 7PM, I had to bail.
Carrie, good for you. I love the new mantra!

Stairs...bad...bed...good...
I know this feeling. ;)
Steve's cameo on Fox 61 is online:

Part 1: http://www.fox61.com/pages/video/?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=3503520

Part 2: http://www.fox61.com/pages/video/?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=3503524

"Anything can happen in Connecticut, you know. We got the goods today for sure!"

"Come on down and ski some bumps!"

Nice job Steve, but what, no AZ shout out? :lol: Also found this article which mentions the Gunny bumps:

http://www.fox61.com/pages/landing_news/?Ski-areas-Peaking=1&blockID=228576&feedID=341

Good exposure for the mountain!
Am I the only one who cracked up when the woman said, It was a dumper?
Sorry, but phrazes like that send me back to jr high school in my head. :eek:

I really love the vibe you guys have a bout Sundown. We have a similar vibe about our local hills, which carries us through some really bad skiing weather.
Keep up the good vibe!

Greg

Staff member
Am I the only one who cracked up when the woman said, It was a dumper?

Dotty may quite possibly have been talking about Brian's spread eagle attempts.

MR. evil

As usuall, great time skiing with everyone last night. I just wish my legs could of held out longer. I skied the afternoon session with Powhunter, 03Jeff and JohnyPoach and had a blast. Steve was killing it, and Jeff was skiing really smooth in the gunny bumps. JP was actually taking it kind of easy for JP. My first couple of runs were pretty rough and then JP gave me some of his sage advice...."ski with your knees closer together and go faster!". It seemed to help but also made for some nice crashes over the next couple of runs. I felt like I was skiing pretty well for the first couple of hours. I was even getting the balls to just let my skis run in the last section of bumps. By the time I hooked up with the night crew my best runs were behind me and I was just doing my best to keep up with you guys. Greg, Gary and Mike were all killing it out there last night and it was just fun to watch.

Greg

Staff member
As usuall, great time skiing with everyone last night. I just wish my legs could of held out longer. I skied the afternoon session with Powhunter, 03Jeff and JohnyPoach and had a blast. Steve was killing it, and Jeff was skiing really smooth in the gunny bumps. JP was actually taking it kind of easy for JP. My first couple of runs were pretty rough and then JP gave me some of his sage advice...."ski with your knees closer together and go faster!". It seemed to help but also made for some nice crashes over the next couple of runs. I felt like I was skiing pretty well for the first couple of hours. I was even getting the balls to just let my skis run in the last section of bumps. By the time I hooked up with the night crew my best runs were behind me and I was just doing my best to keep up with you guys. Greg, Gary and Mike were all killing it out there last night and it was just fun to watch.

You've come a long way, Tim. Like I said last night, you're better than 75% of the rest of the shlubs out there trying that run. Nice job skiing the heart of the mogul field. Keep at it! :beer:

MR. evil

You've come a long way, Tim. Like I said last night, you're better than 75% of the rest of the shlubs out there trying that run. Nice job skiing the heart of the mogul field. Keep at it! :beer:

If you saw me earlier I would have been better than 77% of those shlubs.
:wink:

Greg

Staff member
Anyone get out there today?

Had the opportunity to, but I decided to stay home and drink vodka instead. :lol: Firm icy bumps, I'd imagine. This weekend looks good. mondeo is probably there now.

powhunter

you were skiing real good...you are way more aggressive than last year!!! Major improvements!!! When Im in the senior citizens home in a few years im gonna love watching you rip on those videos!!
(if they have internet)

steveo

Greg

Staff member
Grandpa pow still rips bumps.

Madroch

Anyone get out there today?

Got out for a night session with mdh from 8 to 10. Legs sore, but managed to lap Gunny quite a few times. Runs were far from pretty due to both dead legs and variable conditions. Windblown refresh on very top, quite scratchy/firm/scraped off wherever exposed to wind or flattened by boarders, rest was variable. Still fun, all in all.

2knees

Steve's cameo on Fox 61 is online:

Part 1: http://www.fox61.com/pages/video/?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=3503520

Part 2: http://www.fox61.com/pages/video/?autoStart=true&topVideoCatNo=default&clipId=3503524

"Anything can happen in Connecticut, you know. We got the goods today for sure!"

"Come on down and ski some bumps!"

Nice job Steve, but what, no AZ shout out? :lol: Also found this article which mentions the Gunny bumps:

http://www.fox61.com/pages/landing_news/?Ski-areas-Peaking=1&blockID=228576&feedID=341

Good exposure for the mountain!

holy crap i had missed this whole thing. I just watched the clips.

"I never thought it would happen in connecticut, but we got the goods."

:lol:

STEVE-O. and a Jarrod appearance too.