• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Avoid This Online Gear Shop

mondeo

I am rather surprized that people here called 2k799 anything from being a troll to essentially a looser.
The guy got screwed.
The guy may have gotten screwed, but I think it's normal for people in a community to be suspicious of a new guy that comes in and cries wolf. There was also something in his original post that I found offputting. Not enough PSA, too much whine.

I tend to ignore threads that are started as someone's first post, unless it's asking for advice. They're usually self-important and the only involvement the person will ever have with the board.

bvibert

Staff member
The guy may have gotten screwed, but I think it's normal for people in a community to be suspicious of a new guy that comes in and cries wolf. There was also something in his original post that I found offputting. Not enough PSA, too much whine.

I tend to ignore threads that are started as someone's first post, unless it's asking for advice. They're usually self-important and the only involvement the person will ever have with the board.

x2

I don't think he necessarily got screwed. They just said that they wouldn't overnight the skis to deer valley, not that they wouldn't replace them with the proper skis.

Bumpsis

Just beacuse somebody did not spend oodles of time discussing on this board what's his favorite chair on a some lift or what color socks he likes to wear when putting on his ski boots doesn't necessarily invalidate the contenet of his post.

I find it less likely that somebody randomly posts a complaint on ski related forums just for some sick kicks. Just the opposite, I belive that he had a bad experience with that perticular shop. I'm sure that his main motivation to post is directed by sense of being wronged and desire to retaliate but the effect is the same - a warning that the shop in question is likely to screw you too. I see it as a valid bit of info.

If I were to put myself in his shoes, I'd probably do the same, given that this is the only or one of very few courses of action that a wronged consumer can take - blab about it on as many interest specific boards as I could.

tekweezle

i've got a couple of friends who had positive experience ordering from this merchant. but bad experiences do happen.

like I said earlier, he was probably able to return or exchange the gear for the right stuff, no questions asked and probably on their dime. then again, we'll never know because the person hasn;t come back to follow up.