• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Maple Valley VT NELSAP March 6th 2009

skidmarks

Conditions: Wet snow and overgrown.
I was at Okemo earlier in the day and decided to check out Maple Valley. I've been driving by this area hundreds of times and wanted to check it out. To bad it closed in 2000. It was just me, myself and my K2s..........

Joshua B

At Berkshire East Saturday, I rode up with a young man local to the Maple Valley area who used to ski there as a boy and longs for it to open again. He wishes he could buy it.

Thanks for creating and sharing a great video! And the Cure as your soundtrack. :)

TheBEast

And to think they bought it for approx $110,000 at a tax sale

And in that add they make it sound like the lifts would be ready to go.....after not running for 10 years I find that hard to believe. The line that says, "$1M of capital would be needed to get the property up and running" is the killer on top of the $1.75M price tag. Good luck with that. Seems a bit far fetched to me.

LiftlineRedcoat

Nice video and trail report skidmarks.. thanks for the post. I travel past Brattleboro on 91 commuting back and forth to work, and was thinking about skinning up there myself.

bvibert

Staff member
And in that add they make it sound like the lifts would be ready to go.....after not running for 10 years I find that hard to believe. The line that says, "$1M of capital would be needed to get the property up and running" is the killer on top of the $1.75M price tag. Good luck with that. Seems a bit far fetched to me.

That ad is at least several years old, at the time of writing they might have still been in operational condition. I seriously doubt they are now, not unless someone has been regularly been running and maintaining them all these years...

It's a shame to see that place just sit and rot like that. :(