Not another run-in with ski patrol...Blue 3/8...hero snow..empty - Page 3

AlpineZone

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Power trippers and they must have been really bored, because the place was totally empty. Friday morning had more people then today.

Wow, that is a bit over the top from the SP
    Screw My Car, My Body Climbed Mount Washington!

www.SKiNE.net

The videos are unreal - hell I ski faster than those kids and i 'm going to be 66 in 2 months -- H'mm guess Blue Mtn is off the potential to do list

I've never seen SP's like those guys thank god !!
    Surround yourself with Positivity , Live Life , Collect Friends not Stuff and Avoid Negative Nuts

As John Stocil would say...Gimme a Break..

I think you need to call in for some help. The AZ team from NY and CT should make a trip, buy some day passes and raise hell on that mountain.

A couple of thoughts.......

First reaction is do we think there are any Blue Mtn patrollers on this forum??

Second, this gives the Ski Patrol in general a bad rap. Do these guys actually do what they're trained to do, assist people when they're injured on the mountain?? As a patroller I wouldn't stand to be a speed enforcer, that's certainly not what I am trained to do. In my opinion that's what you have Mountain Ambassadors or some other form of employees on the mountain for. This is just so far out in left field. I'm glad that Blue Patrollers have so much time on their hands that instead of actually helping the paying customers they simply harass local skiers on the mountain. I'm totally with you guys, they need to come down off their high horse and get real.

reading all of this just makes me want to go down there and ski really really fast

Quote Originally Posted by 180 View Post
    I think you need to call in for some help. The AZ team from NY and CT should make a trip, buy some day passes and raise hell on that mountain.
    This sounds like a decent idea. Tuck the slow zones all day.

If only it wouldn't take away a chance to ski up north...
    2009-2010:
    Killington: 11/7, 11/21, 12/5, 12/6, 12/10, 12/12, 12/13, 12/22, 12/23, 1/1, 1/2, 1/9, 1/10, 1/23, 1/24 (15)

Ski Sundown: 12/18, 12/19, 12/20, 12/24, 12/30, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, 1/8, 1/11 - 1/22, 1/26-1/30 (27)
    EH XC: 12/21 (1)
    WNY XC/NELSAP BC: 12/29 (1)

Total: 44

wow a few knuckleheads verbally harrass a well respected ski patroller and his family in public and on the internet, continually ski at speed down a slow skiing trail monitored by blues version of the keystone kops and get harrased by said patrol.....it's just uncanny
    "that feeling: hovering in a weightless space with honey on the tip of your tongue and pure red blood gorging your heart, soaring on a current of angelic music cutting clear mountain air." -norman ollestad, crazy for the storm

Quote Originally Posted by gorgonzola View Post
    wow a few knuckleheads verbally harrass a well respected ski patroller and his family in public and on the internet, continually ski at speed down a slow skiing trail monitored by blues version of the keystone kops and get harrased by said patrol.....it's just uncanny
    Since I was a witness to above incident, listening to gss get yelled at for skiing fast down a double black diamond, and almost getting assaulted by said patrol, I think they are completely overstepping their charge.

Thread Information