• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Not another run-in with ski patrol...Blue 3/8...hero snow..empty

AtomicSkier

This reminds me of the whole "community policing" fad that is coming back around at the cops in the cities. Cops are discovering that getting out of their cars, getting to know the regulars goes a long way towards keeping the peace. Might work here too. Rather than busting on them, keep a repoire with them. We know who you are, where you live what you like to do, that stuff. Work with them people!

I learned a long time ago that I hate being an enforcer - I'm real bad at it. Get some "ambassadors" to do this sort of stuff and let patrol do what they are trained to do, drop ropes (er, uh, save lives.).

Or, maybe, GSS just wants to be on TV ;)
As far as community policing, I have a perfect solution for that that I wrote on my "notes" for the meeting before you posted that, but the community policy is a good analogy.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Back at Blue tonight for some night skiing. About 15 runs in, my zipper on my jacket kinda falls off the track, so I took 1 run off, to try to fix it. I sit down on the bench at the top of the six pack and just out of randomness, I ask the other guys hanging around the bench if anyone had a leatherman on them. Stroke of luck, one of the guys did. Then he also offers me a beer and a shot of vodka. Naturally, I accepted. He offered me a Vicoden as well, but I passed on that. So we got to talking, and they guy asks me if I've had any run-ins with the ski patrol. So I start telling them the whole story, as well as put in a plug for PASR.com. So then the guy start telling me how he got yelled at for skiing fast down challenge, so don't feel bad GSS, you're not the only one. They didn't get chased off the mountain however.

Skied with Toast, GSS, SnoSkier and Zaldon tonight. Mountain was a ghost town. No speed traps on Paradise and the snow was super fast. I got 22 runs in.

Zand

Man... and I thought the patrollers at Wachusett went nuts on Conifer. I've been yelled at there for doing short snappy turns down the side... they are fast turns which apparently gave them the impression that I was skiing fast or something. Just last week I got yelled at for skiing about 50 feet down the mountain road from Smith, going down a little side trail to the next section of mountain road, and back onto the trail. At no point did I go out of sight or earshot of Smith, but I got an earful by the patroller when I got back. "If you got hurt no one would see you and you'd piss us off if we had to come find you... go over there again and you're done for the month."

Man I can't wait to get away from there. Nor do I ever want to go find out what it's like having these guys running around with WHISTLES!?!?

campgottagopee

Back at Blue tonight for some night skiing. About 15 runs in, my zipper on my jacket kinda falls off the track, so I took 1 run off, to try to fix it. I sit down on the bench at the top of the six pack and just out of randomness, I ask the other guys hanging around the bench if anyone had a leatherman on them. Stroke of luck, one of the guys did. Then he also offers me a beer and a shot of vodka. Naturally, I accepted. He offered me a Vicoden as well, but I passed on that. So we got to talking, and they guy asks me if I've had any run-ins with the ski patrol. So I start telling them the whole story, as well as put in a plug for PASR.com. So then the guy start telling me how he got yelled at for skiing fast down challenge, so don't feel bad GSS, you're not the only one. They didn't get chased off the mountain however.

Skied with Toast, GSS, SnoSkier and Zaldon tonight. Mountain was a ghost town. No speed traps on Paradise and the snow was super fast. I got 22 runs in.

That's one upscale hill you guys got----at Greek your lucky if someone offers you some old dirt weed :smile: