• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Auction: 173 cm K2 Cabrawler mogul skis w/ Look PX12s

Madroch

what really needs to happen is one of you sundown rippers need to man up and throw the 'Temptor Quad'......2 O'clock Twister > No Sacks > Dumper Air > Pole Daffy

the FIS degree of difficulty on that one would have to be at least triple the dinner roll

POTD for me... am trying to picture it... tough because each trick seems unique to its owner...

deadheadskier

Staff member
That's almost impossible. And anything less than finishing off the quad with a dumper air is just lame.

The only way possible for the Temptor Quad to work is to finish off with the pole daffy. A perfectly executed pole daffy occurs almost precisely at the moment of touch down where the athlete is completely bent over in a feeble position practically smelling their nuts, with poles fully daffied. Unless of course you're suggesting a triple lindy type approach where you land the daffy then immediately relaunch in a bouncing fashion into the dumper.

Greg

Staff member
The only way possible for the Temptor Quad to work is to finish off with the pole daffy. A perfectly executed pole daffy occurs almost precisely at the moment of touch down where the athlete is completely bent over in a feeble position practically smelling their nuts, with poles fully daffied. Unless of course you're suggesting a triple lindy type approach where you land the daffy then immediately relaunch in a bouncing fashion into the dumper.

Yes, but following up the no-ssack with the similarly feeble dumper air might look a little hokey. Maybe lead off with the dumper air? That way the spectators get a taste for the lame ass display of poserness they are about to witness? So, how about dumper air --> 2 o'clock twister --> no-ssack --> pole daffy? That would be amazing. :lol:

Greg

Staff member
then immediately relaunch in a bouncing fashion into the dumper.

That's sick too, but not a true quad. But it's a good thought and worthy of consideration. After all, the innovator of the dumper air has been known to throw one down out of nowhere, unexpected off a random bump. The element of surprise adds to its appeal. :grin:

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm telling you I see a world cup comp in the future on Gunny with local representation displaying levels of creativity that Mosely could only dream about

zzzzzz...dumper air......zzzzzz......pole daffy......zzzzz

Greg

Staff member
I'm telling you I see a world cup comp in the future on Gunny with local representation displaying levels of creativity that Mosely could only dream about

Oh, most definitely. The level of technical difficulty is currently unmatched:

Dumper Air:
dumper_air.jpg

2'o clock Twister:
2_o_clock_twister.jpg

Nossack:
no_ssack.jpg

Pole Daffy:
pole_daffy.JPG

Actually after closer review, the dumper air is really amazing. I think that trick might be best performed on its own.

What was this thread about again?

bvibert

Staff member
Oh, most definitely. The level of technical difficulty is currently unmatched:

Dumper Air:
dumper_air.jpg

I don't think that's a very good representation of a dumper air, one leg looks extended, more of a half dumper I guess.. ;)

Greg

Staff member
Quiet down you gear whore.

:lol: Oh hell, let's have some fun with this. Let's go auction style. Once I get the Twisters mounted, the auction will be over. Now remember, these skis are almost collector's items. I lost to both a tele skier and a girl during the first two Sundown comps on these skis so this is your chance to get your hands on a piece of AZ history. :razz:

Opening bid is 50 bucks.

$5 bid increments. Buy It Now price remains $150. Place your bids, folks! ;)

Madroch

Time frame on getting the Twisters mounted? Need to strategize on how best to obtain these priceless pieces of AZ history. Go in early, go in late... so much to consider.. the anticipated demand for these relics warrents careful planning...

Greg

Staff member
Time frame on getting the Twisters mounted? Need to strategize on how best to obtain these priceless pieces of AZ history. Go in early, go in late... so much to consider.. the anticipated demand for these relics warrents careful planning...

Probably by next week. Depends when I get them. They're shipping ground from Killington so maybe tomorrow. Drop them off at Suburban to get mounted early next week hopefully.

mondeo

Cheap skates! :roll:

$50.00
Same BSL, try 'em before you buy 'em. 173 is too short for anyone 185lb+. Honestly, the Heads are probably the right ski for you (maybe the Elans at 190.)

gmcunni and Madroch should be going for these. Both get thrown backseat by tips that are too stiff.

o3jeff

Probably by next week. Depends when I get them. They're shipping ground from Killington so maybe tomorrow. Drop them off at Suburban to get mounted early next week hopefully.

If you catch them right Bruce can probably mount them while you wait. I went to drop my boots off last night and they said give em 15 minutes and they will mount them up.

Btw, skidmarks is out for a good week.

Madroch

Same BSL, try 'em before you buy 'em. 173 is too short for anyone 185lb+. Honestly, the Heads are probably the right ski for you (maybe the Elans at 190.)

gmcunni and Madroch should be going for these. Both get thrown backseat by tips that are too stiff.

Now there is a salesman! Suggest to me that a technique issue is equipment related and you own me! I'll pay anything!