• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Auction: 173 cm K2 Cabrawler mogul skis w/ Look PX12s

bvibert

Staff member
Same BSL, try 'em before you buy 'em. 173 is too short for anyone 185lb+. Honestly, the Heads are probably the right ski for you (maybe the Elans at 190.)

gmcunni and Madroch should be going for these. Both get thrown backseat by tips that are too stiff.

I did try them for a run earlier in the season, honestly I didn't like them. But one run isn't a good test. I'd give them an extended test for $50. ;)

Greg

Staff member
Ahem.. I was serious with my opening bid:

Johnny just outbid me... :(

My bad. I missed your first post. Yes, you were outbid, but remember, if JP reneges, those babies are yours!

Madroch

dont believe the hype. or in this case, the hip deep bullshit.

Hence, my pending bid of .26. While I believe my tendency to ski backseat is largely non-equipment related, it is possible that softer tips will help. I have been concentrating on the Tyranasuarus and turning later and planting on the backside- and that has seriously been helping-- maybe it is the softer bumps but I have been much more forward, and much straighter lately. Improvement will come with practice, and if equipment helps, that too..I may bid again....

Greg

Staff member
Hence, my pending bid of .26. While I believe my tendency to ski backseat is largely non-equipment related, it is possible that softer tips will help. I have been concentrating on the Tyranasuarus and turning later and planting on the backside- and that has seriously been helping-- maybe it is the softer bumps but I have been much more forward, and much straighter lately. Improvement will come with practice, and if equipment helps, that too..I may bid again....

John - you are hardly a backseat skier. Trust me. Me on the other hand...

Madroch

John - you are hardly a backseat skier. Trust me. Me on the other hand...

To risk being labaled an AZ (or greg groupie)-- you have been killing it lately. I've truly seen vast improvement with all the AZ sundown crew (myslef included) - even from when I first met you all in December.. Practice practice practice... my 6 yo caught a glimpse (or thinks he did) of himself on the bumpalooza video and now only wants to ski gunny bumps.. very cool

mondeo

Easiest way to tell if you're backseat is watch your feet in one of the videos. If the underfoot part of your ski is ever off the snow, you're backseat.

Interesting note:
The reason the base of the Elan Bloodlines is white is to make it harder for judges to tell if the feet have crested the bump yet in the case that the skier is backseat.

powbmps

Easiest way to tell if you're backseat is watch your feet in one of the videos. If the underfoot part of your ski is ever off the snow, you're backseat.

Interesting note:
The reason the base of the Elan Bloodlines is white is to make it harder for judges to tell if the feet have crested the bump yet in the case that the skier is backseat.

Brilliant! An all white ski would help me quite a bit.

Have you heard anything about the Bloodlines actually coming out. I know they were originally supposed to be out for the 08-09 season, but were "put on hold". Hopefully they change the graphics. Not a big fan of horses.

Last edited:

mondeo

Brilliant! An all white ski would help me quite a bit.

Have you heard anything about the Bloodlines actually coming out. I know they were originally supposed to be out for the 08-09 season, but were "put on hold". Hopefully they change the graphics. Not a big fan of horses.
I've seen a few of the KMS kids with them, and there's a shop around here that's trying to get a demo pair. I think they're out, it's just trying to find a shop that carries both Elan and mogul skis is a little bit of a challenge.

Greg

Staff member
If you catch them right Bruce can probably mount them while you wait. I went to drop my boots off last night and they said give em 15 minutes and they will mount them up.

Btw, skidmarks is out for a good week.

Yeah, Pete's gone. I talked to Pat yesterday. I should have the skis today. Gonna try to get them mounted up Monday morning and rip on them in the afternoon.