• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My feelings on the RED SOX....today.

JimG.

Staff member
It's all a set-up guys...they'll be tied on Sunday, winner take all.

Can't believe I'm trying to make a Sox fan feel better.

ChileMass

Tonight is a must-win for the Sox and they have Matt F------g Clement on the mound. That jug-eared hick better come through......

Paul

ChileMass said:
Tonight is a must-win for the Sox and they have Matt F------g Clement on the mound. That jug-eared hick better come through......

He won't. Sox will be down by at least 3 by the end of the 4th. C(l)ement will get pulled by the 5th. Tito will burn through the 'pen finally letting the Hanging Chads out in the 7th & 8th. They will give up at least 5 more. Sox go into series with Yanks down by 2 and will need to sweep. Won't happen, though. Sox take 2 of 3 necessitating 1 game play-off. This will be significant because the White Sox win and the Tribe lose tonight. CHI clinches division, and relax as they face CLE this weekend. Tribe will clinch WC as CHI takes it easy during their series.

thetrailboss

Staff member
JimG. said:
It's all a set-up guys...they'll be tied on Sunday, winner take all.

Can't believe I'm trying to make a Sox fan feel better.

I agree...sell more tix and more ads...

SkiDog

skibum1321 said:
I don't understand what their problem with the Jays is.

I feel the same way about the yanks with Tampa bay? I mean really...some teams just have the others "number" i guess..

All I know is A-ROD rules...sorry had to..

M

Joshua B

SkiDog said:

M

Do you feel at all weird being a man and publicly announcing you're an A-Rod fan? Do you have his shirt too?

ctenidae

Do you have his shirt too?

Don't you mean his skirt?

Awesome seats last night, by the way. Too bad the game wasn't so great. Just to the right of home plate, half way between the Sox on-deck circle and the plate, 2nd row. Felt the breeze from a couple of foul tips.

JimG.

Staff member
Been wondering how Sox fans felt about A-Rod after the players association nixed the deal that would have brought him to Boston. I see you blame either him or the Yanks for that nonsense. I would be pissed at the union personally.

I'm guessing you'd all be bowing at his feet if he wore a Sox uniform. But that's just a guess.

SkiDog

Joshua B said:
SkiDog said:

M

Do you feel at all weird being a man and publicly announcing you're an A-Rod fan? Do you have his shirt too?

Naaaa is SUPER EASY to be a yankee fan... :)

Don't be jealous... you'd be singing his praises if he was hitting 47HR's for the BOSOX... :)

M

skibum1321

SkiDog said:
Joshua B said:
SkiDog said:

M

Naaaa is SUPER EASY to be a yankee fan... :)

Don't be jealous... you'd be singing his praises if he was hitting 47HR's for the BOSOX... :)

M

At least our players don't slap.

ChileMass

Paul said:
Sox go into series with Yanks down by 2 and will need to sweep. Won't happen, though. Sox take 2 of 3 necessitating 1 game play-off.

Remember - if you take 2 out of 3 games in a series, you only gain one game in the standings. If the Sox are down by 2 going into the Yankee series, they need to sweep to win outright. If they are down by one going into the series, taking 2 out of 3 will tie them and force the playoff game.

JimG.

Staff member
skibum1321 said:

True, but ours don't try to beat up old men (although that ex-Sox is now a member of that other NY team).

Jaytrek57

God there are so many possibilities.

I hope to see a three way tie for the Wild Card. That will give TWO "do or die" games on Monday (Division) and Tuesday (Wild Card)(barring a rain-out).

Paul

ChileMass said:
Paul said:
Sox go into series with Yanks down by 2 and will need to sweep. Won't happen, though. Sox take 2 of 3 necessitating 1 game play-off.

Remember - if you take 2 out of 3 games in a series, you only gain one game in the standings. If the Sox are down by 2 going into the Yankee series, they need to sweep to win outright. If they are down by one going into the series, taking 2 out of 3 will tie them and force the playoff game.

Oops...you are correct. Despite being an engineer, math was never my strong point... :oops:

Or wear purple lipstick...

Jeter%20sucks%20A-Rod.JPG

Mmmmmmmm....Grape!

atomic68

Pop music star Bronson Arroyo , spurred on by Theo Epstein, is to blame. Dont tell me he couldnt have one at least two more games this year if he had been more focused on baseball and not on his god awful music....that skinny little geek

JimG.

Staff member
atomic68 said:
Pop music star Bronson Arroyo , spurred on by Theo Epstein, is to blame. Dont tell me he couldnt have one at least two more games this year if he had been more focused on baseball and not on his god awful music....that skinny little geek

Well, at least he finally lost the corn-row hairstyle.