• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where can I sleep in my car near Jay Peak?

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
I have no idea what Jay's stance on this issue is. If you want to park right at Jay, I would recommend Parking at Hotel Jay. You'll car will not be out of place. Outside of Jay, you can park where the Long Trail crosses Route 242. Again, your car won't be out of place since there is a cabin right off 242.

MichaelJ

Website
www.saletnik.org
Note that the Atlas Valley Lean-To (not a cabin) while a short walk up the Long Trail is officially not for overnight use, so if you try to use it, it's at your own risk for getting rousted out by a ranger in the middle of the night. Better off in your car.

BigJay

Because I don't have money for a hotel. free camping anywhere? parking lot?

You see them at the tram base lots of time... Jay doesn't seem to mind... I don't know the official position either... Also, the parking at the 242 pass would be another good option... There are "remote" parkings... like bottom of the triple... or where the XC center use to be (and future golf club house)... but there isn't suppose to be any cars there during the night... so if someone comes along, they might come on knocking...

And there is a cabin maybe 10-15min into the woods at the 242 pass towards Jay Peak... Jay Cabin or something... Comes spring time, it's a lot more spatious then a car!