• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Sundown Gunbarrel bumps Gathering II 3/15/09

downhill04

My Dr. told me to bag the whole skiing thing until next season because my back has been acting up ever since bump or (in my case) bust. But after watching that vid I’m thinking there is no way in hell I can not ski those bumps. I will be there one night this week. Not sure which night as I am going to need to pull a fast one on the old lady who would shoot me if she found out I was even considering the idea.

Which night should I attempt the bait and switch, Wed or Thur?

bvibert

Staff member
My Dr. told me to bag the whole skiing thing until next season because my back has been acting up ever since bump or (in my case) bust. But after watching that vid I’m thinking there is no way in hell I can not ski those bumps. I will be there one night this week. Not sure which night as I am going to need to pull a fast one on the old lady who would shoot me if she found out I was even considering the idea.

You're crazy. :lol:

I'm not sure which night will be better from a conditions standpoint, but a bunch of us will be there on Wednesday night for the bump clinic

Madroch

Thanks to Brian and Pat (and everyone else) for the vid efforts. Looks like they were up pretty late last night putting it togethor on top of the on hill efforts. Wow, sums up some of the footage-- there are frames with 4-6 guys or more ripping at once.

bvibert

Staff member
My pleasure on the video, though honestly I wouldn't have bothered if I remembered how crappy the video was with that camera. I wish I had brought the camcorder...

bvibert

Staff member
I don’t need no stinking clinic. I can crash with the best of em with out any coaching thank you very much.

Clearly you don't need a clinic. I was just conveying when there might be other AZer's around to ski with. :p

deadheadskier

Staff member

Is your doctor a skier?

deadheadskier

Staff member
It’s not really the doc that I’m worried about. Heck I’m not even worried much about the back. I’m afraid the old lady will give me a black eye that is even bigger than the one I gave myself at bump or bust 1 :-o

So, you essentially need a note from your Doctor to show your gf that you're okay to ski. gotcha

Get a friend to forge the note :lol:

powbmps

Chris, you're commentary is pretty good, i almost thought about taking the music out when you had the camera. And whats with all the noises you make when you ski by the camera. You sound like some kind of chimpanzee. :lol:

Sorry, I get a little excited in the bumps :oops:.

It was a little nutty out there at times. The lift line was sweet, with the mob of bumpers meeting up with the mad steezy park rats. Those kids were probably wondering what was up with all the old folks.

2knees

It was a little nutty out there at times. The lift line was sweet, with the mob of bumpers meeting up with the mad steezy park rats. Those kids were probably wondering what was up with all the old folks.

dude, dont apologize, its hilarious.

yeah, it was crazy seeing the horde of people line up at the top of each good line and then just peel off one by one.

That was quite a funny scene.

2knees

Hi AZ'ers - fun time yesterday - I put the couple of vids I saw on the MJMT website:

http://www.maryjanemogultour.com/Video.html

Hopefully see all of you in April at Sugarbootie or somewhere - heck, maybe Sundown? And, if anyone wants to connect at Mary Jane 3/28 & 2/29 let me know.

B-Stead

nice that you put it up with those vids.

btw, lovin that clip of desovich at whiteface. things certainly have changed in the last 20 years.