• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Need Some Info on Sunday River

Edd

Went today. I was stunned by the crowds. This Canadian vacation is really paying off for SR. It was more like a light Saturday than a Tuesday.

High Peaks Skier

They use both nutmeg and cinnamon in pretty much everything there. It is not mexican, yes, they have quesadillas, burritos, chicken mole, etc, and they also serve various other dishes like the cocoa rubbed steak or blueberry mojo ahi tuna.

But....everything they serve has some type of twist to the normal ingredients whether it be cinnamon, nutmeg, a citrus flavor or pomegranate , and most of their dishes are on the sweet side. That was the point I was trying to make....they even sprinkle the tortilla chips with some sugar.

I understand that a Mexican Steakhouse is what Mark has billed it to be, but it simply isn't.

Is the food good? Yes, I won't deny that. Just not Mexican IMO, Look at the menu and decide yourselves.

As a rule I don't like to eat Mexican food north of New Jersey. The mexican food in Lake Placid SUCKS!!!!!!!! White boys can't cook good mexican food especially hooch smok'n mountain white boys.
You Guys have been great!!!!! I never expected this kind of responce. Hopefully I'll catch up with a few of you.

Vortex

Gringo Harry's really is high end food its not tex mex.

Looks like you would take route 2 all the way across. Get you liquor needs taken care of in Gorham nh on RT 2 same plaza as the Sears. Cheapest gas is there at the irving or cumbi's. Liquor stores in Nh are much cheaper. Don't speed through Gorham very slow speed limit, obey it. I come across RT 2 every weekend.

prisnah

Plans are changing now....looking like I'll either get up there Fri nite...or, if all works out, hopefully we'll be driving up tomorrow afternoon...should know in a few hours.

Edit: Just got the call.....we're heading up tomorrow afternoon......probably be at Hoot Nite tomorrow for a bit anyway. I'll be out Friday, Sat and Sunday, probably flying solo one of those days so my girlfriend can spend some time with her mom and rest her overworked legs.

Psyched for some soft snow, cold beer and chili this weekend.

highpeaksdrifter

High peaks skier was raving about Sunday River. He loved it there, says it's a major party place too. He's tuff to impress so when he goes on about a place I take notice. It wasn't high on my to do list, but it is know. I encouraged him to do a trip report, but in case he doesn't I thiught you guys who gave him good info would want to know.

Newpylong

Last weekend was the first time I have been to Sunday River in many years - and the first time I have skied Jordan Bowl. Without question the two blue runs over there are in the top 10 cruisers in New England. Consistent vert and uninterrupted skiing like that is hard to find....

I always thought Okemo had good cruisers but these blow that mountain away.

Other runs which ski similar: Obsession on White Cap, Right Stuff on Barker, Airglow on Aurora. I can't wait to make another visit...

Edd

High peaks skier was raving about Sunday River. He loved it there, says it's a major party place too. He's tuff to impress so when he goes on about a place I take notice. It wasn't high on my to do list, but it is know. I encouraged him to do a trip report, but in case he doesn't I thiught you guys who gave him good info would want to know.

It's good to hear new people taking a liking to the place. I did some turns with HPS while he was here. Good guy; fast skier.