• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How far is Sundown from Enfield, CT?

ERJ-145CA

This Saturday I'm flying into Bradley and I have a layover at the Crowne Plaza in Enfield, Ct. I get to the hotel in the early afternoon. I'm wondering how far it is to Sundown and if there is a taxi service because I won't have a car.

drjeff

This Saturday I'm flying into Bradley and I have a layover at the Crowne Plaza in Enfield, Ct. I get to the hotel in the early afternoon. I'm wondering how far it is to Sundown and if there is a taxi service because I won't have a car.

40/45 minutes tops - actually would be a couple of minutes closer of you left right from Bradley rather than heading to Enfield 1st

bvibert

Staff member
Yeah, it would be several minutes, like 15, closer if you went right from the airport. I imagine there's some sort of taxi service that would bring you there, but I have no idea on the specifics or cost.

Grassi21

look at that. people are flying in to ski sundown. ;-) :lol:

bvibert

Staff member
Probably 20 West to 219 South - No way would you want to go 91 South to 84 West to then something with 4/202/44 - much longer and Hartford to deal with :eek:

Twas what I was thinking, but I was also wondering what the "Airport area" meant specifically...

25 minutes from the airport on 20>219 is making pretty good time.

ERJ-145CA

40/45 minutes tops - actually would be a couple of minutes closer of you left right from Bradley rather than heading to Enfield 1st

Yeah,I would need to check into the hotel first, I would look pretty stupid skiing in my pilots uniform.

Mildcat

saw a guy skiing in a gorilla suit at sugarbush this weekend. pilots uniform wouldn't be that bad.

That wasn't a gorilla suit, that was me skiing with my shirt off. I was trying to get a tan. :-o