• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mt. snow ego alley bump run

powhunter

Anyone hear if they plan on bumping up ego alley this year? Last year it was friggen awesome!! drjeff??

steveo

drjeff

They still have a couple of races and some race training to go on Ego Alley in the next couple of weeks. Haven't heard anything as of yet, but based on how well the Ego and Exhibition bumps were received last April, I'd bet that they'll happen again in a couple of weeks. There's also a good amount of base depth on both trails now, especially on skier's/riders left, so the cats will have a good amount of product to work with if they so choose.

Greg

Staff member
They were really fun, but I'd like to see similar bumps on something with slightly more pitch. Not ass clenching steep, just something a little more challenging. Not sure there is anything on the main face that would be better though. Seed Free Fall!

2knees

They were really fun, but I'd like to see similar bumps on something with slightly more pitch. Not ass clenching steep, just something a little more challenging. Not sure there is anything on the main face that would be better though. Seed Free Fall!

dont need to seed it, just dont groom it out like last year. the north face should be wall to wall bumps in spring with maybe chute or olympic left as groomers.

drjeff

dont need to seed it, just dont groom it out like last year. the north face should be wall to wall bumps in spring with maybe chute or olympic left as groomers.

The past month or so, Fallen Timbers and Plummet have been getting almost daily grooming, Freefall is about every 2nd or 3rd day, and Olympic, Chute, Challenger, Jaws and Ripcord have basically been untouched by a cat(although Jaws got some cat love about a week ago and was pure corn cruising bliss in the afternoons this past weekend)

Personally I don't think that anything on the Northface needs to be seeded, just don't groom it and it will take care of itself pretty quickly. Ego probably needs to be seeded if for no other reason then to get it some visual bump appeal from the chair as most of the time folks not wearing a race suit just plain and simple don't take that trail, and middle ex is left untouched usually bumps up in a couple of days.

Gmar

I did a few runs on Ego Alley on 3-28 and there were no bumps yet. It was nice and fast.

Newpylong

With the way the North Face looks now, who knows if they will even need to seed anything. those are some tasty bumps.

i do like the lower angle idea of ego though. I suck at steep moguls.

drjeff

With all the moisture in the snow today, *if* they seed Ego, gotta give it a couple of days to drain first before putting a cat on it! Also, based on how it looked from the Grand Summit Express today, don't hold your breath for a seeded Middle Exhibition, Sunday night's t-storm deluge wasn't very friendly to the ledges of middle ex :mad: