• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Giving advice, online perceptions and Jack Handey

jrmagic

I ski with friends and family often and have no problem complimenting them or giving them a tip if I know they like hearing that sort of thing. Others in our group I wont say anything to unless they ask or talk about their technique. I also dont mind hearing constructive criticism about my technique either.

I agree with the coach mentality on npt being able to walk the walk. Who cares? If it can help me than I think its all good.

bvibert

Staff member
I give people unsolicited advice all the time, it usually doesn't make any sense though.

Creakyknees

So, are you comfortable giving advice to people while skiing? If so, do you do it unsolicited or only if asked. And if you were to recieve some advice from someone online, then find out, or already know, that person can't walk their own talk, do you percieve them differently? Does it matter? If someone knows how to explain something, yet cant do it themselves, does that diminish the advice? Can i start a thread with more questions in the initial post?

This should answer all your questions:-o:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Wow this is entertainment. Every time I watch this I hurt myself from laughing so hard.

http://www.answerbag.com/articles/video/How-to-Ski-Moguls/ac0327de-b3db-34ee-f7fa-e887b02edf83

mondeo

MRGisevil

Those of you who ski with me know I give advice all the time. And I should! I'm the best skier on here dammit.