• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

PA closing dates?

legalskier

With the season they've been having, you might think they would try to extend it further,. However, I just heard a rumor about Blue; couldn't confirm, but it's sooner than you would think. Is there anything official out there yet?

Rambo

According to their website - Elk Mountain, is closing for the season at 4:30 pm on Sunday March 22.

PA Ridge Racer

- Elk's closing this weekend
- Sno is closed
- Jack Frost is closing this weekend, Big Boulder will likely be open into April on Weekends only after this weekend.
- Camelback is open
- Blue Knob is closed
- Blue Mt. (looks like) will be closing this Sunday.
- 7 Springs is open.
- Shawnee Mt is open

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Did Blue actually announce a date yet? When I spoke to one of the owners, she mentioned that she wanted to stay open to the 29th if at all possible.

gorgonzola

the banner on the website says sunday 3/22 =(

hmmmm correction - said, i just checked and its not there anymore ??? but thats the word on the hill. last night everything was still looking and skiing (at least the bumps) nice, could easily go another week

you coming out saturday?

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
the banner on the website says sunday 3/22 =(

hmmmm correction - said, i just checked and its not there anymore ??? but thats the word on the hill. last night everything was still looking and skiing (at least the bumps) nice, could easily go another week

you coming out saturday?
nah, I'm up in NY. If Blue closes, will you move over to CB?

ERJ-145CA

I just got an e-mail from Camelback and they say they are staying open "through April" and proclaiming a record season length.

bousquet19

I just got an e-mail from Camelback and they say they are staying open "through April" and proclaiming a record season length.

Hooray for Camelback. :-D If they open the weekend of March 28-29, they may be the only Keystone State ski area still open.

Per their website, Seven Springs is closing today, March 22.

Woody

Hooray for Camelback. :-D If they open the weekend of March 28-29, they may be the only Keystone State ski area still open.

Per their website, Seven Springs is closing today, March 22.

Woody

Big Boulder plans to be open weekends through mid April..