• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

tiger woods

Angus

I'm not a golfer myself but just read about his passion for the sport in SI article by Rick Reilly.

did a quick search and found this in golf magazine...""Whatever he gets into, he gets into all the way. Right now, it's skiing. He's a nut for skiing, and every time I talk to him he knows more about skiing. That's how he is." He pauses again, letting me savor the mental image of Tiger in goggles pursuing his wife, an accomplished skier, down a black diamond."

I know there are a bunch of golfers on the board and figured I'd post as a fyi

Skimaine

Good to know. I love golf and have played most of my life. I started skiing when I was 38 and have been at it 11 years. I will take a day on the mountain over a day on the course every time. Golf just does not deliver the thrill that skiing does. Although last year, I did both the same day. :spin:

drjeff

I've long said that in most of ski country, that golf is a perfect complimentary sport to skiing. Between the 2, you've got an outdoor activity to do 52 weeks a year, and the 6 or so months on the golf course will give your body a chance to heal/recover from 6 or so months of wear and tear on the hill :)

Geoff

He pauses again, letting me savor the mental image of Tiger in goggles pursuing his wife, an accomplished skier, down a black diamond."

I'd chase her down, too. I have a serious MILF thing going on here.

itr__1219394995_Elin_Nordegren.jpg

Philpug

I wonder what gear he is on since Nike has no ski affiiation.

BLESS

considering his major knee problems, I don't think he's been skiing much....first I've ever heard of it. He's really risking his golf game, no?

He is the best golfer in history tho.

Warp Daddy

Didn't realize he was skiing . Good for him it probably a great diversion from golf and who in their right mind wouldn't want to ski BEHIND her -- :D :D

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
considering his major knee problems, I don't think he's been skiing much....first I've ever heard of it. He's really risking his golf game, no?
Most commentators seem to agree that his swing is as effortless and consistent as it has ever been. I suspect his knee is recovered more than enough to ski. Perhaps skiing is risking a bit as knee injuries are common in skiing. But I am sure most pro-athletes do stuff that would be considered risky (unless they have a contractual agreement not).

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Not sure if he still does, but he used to frequent the Chicago Ridge snowcat tours at Ski Cooper, CO. In fact, he probably rode many times in the cabin that is now at Sugarbush. Is that a valid marketing campaign??? Tiger rode in this cabin??? :wink:

Philpug

I think he is a member at the YC.

Duval started snowboarding and his golf game has been in the crapper ever since.

jaywbigred

I'd chase her down, too. I have a serious MILF thing going on here.

itr__1219394995_Elin_Nordegren.jpg

Fakies though, not a huge fan.

I'm not a golfer myself but just read about his passion for the sport in SI article by Rick Reilly.

did a quick search and found this in golf magazine...""Whatever he gets into, he gets into all the way. Right now, it's cocktail waitresses and skanks from Las Vegas. He's a nut for extramarital affairs, and every time I talk to him he knows more about picking up side pieces. That's how he is." He pauses again, letting me savor the mental image of Tiger in goggles pursuing his wife, an accomplished skier, as she takes off with all his money down a black diamond."

I know there are a bunch of golfers on the board and figured I'd post as a fyi

Fixed it for you.

orsonab

I was fairly reliably informed last season that he owns a condo in the Ritz Carlton at the bottom of the slopes at Beaver Creek. He might be selling....