• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AZ Member Websites

Greg

Staff member
The thread about riverc0il's site prompted this. What other members here have a Web site(s)? Feel free to use this thread to shill them... 8)

Of course we all know and love www.teachski.com...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
Recently tore down my old WPI webpage.

The amusing part is, while I'm not a student there anymore, they never discontinued my Unix account....

SHHHHH.... Don't tell em. 5 years of dealing with those Net Ops Nazi's I deserve some freebies ;)

Now I just have some photo's up on Zoto, mostly mountain biking, all disorganized. Perhaps that will change, should def. have some skiing pics up this season. See the WWW below-

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Marc said:
The amusing part is, while I'm not a student there anymore, they never discontinued my Unix account....
SHHHHH.... Don't tell em. 5 years of dealing with those Net Ops Nazi's I deserve some freebies ;)
Don't worry, they will kill it eventually. I stopped working there in October 2001. They got around to vaporizing my login name and account around March 2003.

I used to be real good friends with a kid that was pretty high up in NetOps. The freebies are there to be had, if you know the right folks. :wink:

Oh, yeah. I have a small personal page at lycos. The service sucks, and so does the page at the moment, but I'm on the ol' WWW at least.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
I have a couple websites, actually, but neither are skiing related so I'm sure nobody's interested.

Brian - You really need to stop working so much so you can get to work on your website! ;)

bvibert

Staff member
severine said:
Brian - You really need to stop working so much so you can get to work on your website! ;)

Yeah really! Damn work always getting in the way! :angry:

andyzee

Website
www.nsmountainsports.com
Have 2 that I have been using and another couple of sites tha are in the process of being cancelled. Started out with www.2skierz.com , which I will be keeping as sort of a personnel web page. And recently started www.killingtonaccess.com / www.killingtonaccessrd.com , which I hope to turn into an informational web site dedicated mostly to Killington. Do have to admit, haven't been able to dedicate the time that I would like to into second one.

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
smitty77 said:
Marc said:
Don't worry, they will kill it eventually. I stopped working there in October 2001. They got around to vaporizing my login name and account around March 2003.

Yeah, and they probably only did that because of lack of activity. That actually wouldn't surprise me too much that the don't actually manually close any Unix accounts, they just have an automatic program that does it after so many months of inactivity.

No student that's not a CS major would know or want to use it after they left anyway and all the CS majors just wouldn't have a use for it after they left...

And then there's me...

smitty77

Website
hotmix77.tripod.com
Marc said:
Yeah, and they probably only did that because of lack of activity.
I was actually using it up until I got an e-mail notice that said they were closing the account. I liked to use it because I could telnet in and read my mail with Pine from any slow-arse connection in the world. With hotmail, I have to wait for stupid graphics and ads to load. They must have an automated method of checking the enrollment and employment lists once or twice per year.

Joshua B

severine said:
I have a couple websites, actually, but neither are skiing related so I'm sure nobody's interested.

Well, your blog is in your www link below your posts...

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Joshua B said:
severine said:

Well, your blog is in your www link below your posts...

Yup... but I don't count that as a website because I didn't code it. Well, I played around with the template a little.. but not much. I actually have 2 other sites that I hand coded, too. One for the baby, the other is a writing/poetry one I made back in 1997. I actually did keep that updated up until about a year or two ago.