• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust III - 3/22/09

Greg

Staff member
ROFLMAO......I feel really bad that all the Killington bumpers showed up and stole your A-zone spotlight....the second place guy and the guy in the green jacket in the 3/4 heat are both Killington regulars.

Thanks Captain Obvious. The point is you (Mr. top 30 Killington skier) were nowhere to be seen. :lol: I don't recall any of us complaining about the Killington talent showing up. We were all psyched the competition drew people like that. That was the whole idea...duh! :roll:

MRGisevil

The crowd roar was impressive! It was a nice additional element that you don't get on Temptor.

I'd say that beer definitely helped liven things up a bit. ;) As Randi alluded to in an earlier post; if we didn't know either of the people coming down we'd just make up names and cheer them on! Good times! :beer:

We? You liar! I made up names and then you jerks took credit for them!!!! ;)

Highway Star

The only person you should feel bad for is yourself, for missing out on a great day. We understand though that you didn't want to be exposed for the sub-par skier that we all know you really are.

Riiiiight............

3378234508_7946fb2f26_o.jpg

Sorry, I was too busy skiing the angry 4" that Killington picked up yesterday, making the trees actually skiable.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Riiiiight............

I don't recall Brian ever claiming he was a great bump skier. In fact, he's pretty open about the fact that he feels he's a hack. It's one thing to proclaim oneself as being excellent and refusing to provide evidence of such when called out. It's another to not give a crap what others think, have a good time, and support the good thing that you have close to home. You just don't get it. :roll:

What were there, 50+ entrants? 40 in the men's 18+, 10 in women's, 4 snowboarders, and how many kids?

2knees

ROFLMAO......I feel really bad that all the Killington bumpers showed up and stole your A-zone spotlight....the second place guy and the guy in the green jacket in the 3/4 heat are both Killington regulars.

It was awesome that they showed up and supported the comp. Makes it almost a definite to happen next year.

Of course, if someone was bitter and socially repressed like yourself, then they might have a problem with it.

Highway Star

I don't recall Brian ever claiming he was a great bump skier. In fact, he's pretty open about the fact that he feels he's a hack. It's one thing to proclaim oneself as being excellent and refusing to provide evidence of such when called out. It's another to not give a crap what others think, have a good time, and support the good thing that you have close to home. You just don't get it. :roll:

What were there, 50+ entrants? 40 in the men's 18+, 10 in women's, 4 snowboarders, and how many kids? Yup, Sundown sucks.

Sounds to me like you had to import talent, otherwise there wouldn't have been much of a comp. At these local comps, a local is supposed to win.....didn't you get the memo?

It should be clear by now that I don't have anything to prove to A-zone. I just think that it's massively hilarious that the "big time" talent is people that I have skied with many times, and am in the same league with. I'd ski with them more often, but they ski way too many bumps, and they aren't following me around in the trees.

Last edited:

Madroch

Riiiiight............

3378234508_7946fb2f26_o.jpg

HS- you missed a truly great day, and the opportunity to meet some good people and maybe even shut some of them up (well, maybe not yesterday due to the bucket brigade). Hopefully you can make it next time. Doubt you could have pulled off such a perfect "dumper pike" though...(I was close, and many think I may have nailed it).

Highway Star

It was awesome that they showed up and supported the comp. Makes it almost a definite to happen next year.

Of course, if someone was bitter and socially repressed like yourself, then they might have a problem with it.

I'm nothing of the sort. I just think you guys are pretty dorky, and can't ski.

I was tailgating at Bear with two of those guys the day before. They didn't mention the comp....probably because they know I don't ski bumps. Or maybe they didn't want to admit they were going to ski in CT.

Madroch

Sounds to me like you had to import talent, otherwise there wouldn't have been much of a comp. At these local comps, a local is supposed to win.....didn't you get the memo?

It should be clear by now that I don't have anything to prove to A-zone. I just think that it's massively hilarious that the "big time" talent is people that I have skied with many times, and in the same league with. I'd ski with them more often, but they ski way too many bumps, and they aren't following me around in the trees.

Making me want to rescind the the hopes for your future presence in my past post....you really don't get it. To each his own.

2knees

I'm nothing of the sort. I just think you guys are pretty dorky, and can't ski.

I was tailgating at Bear with two of those guys the day before. They didn't mention the comp....probably because they know I don't ski bumps. Or maybe they didn't want to admit they were going to ski in CT.

or maybe they dont really want you around.....

oh and i am a dork. just ask my kids. they think i'm the funniest clown around. what do your kids think of you?

i forgot for a second, you dont really have a life. you still think in terms of cool, in, dorky, geeky. when you hit social puberty, you'll figure it out.

Good for them how did you do??? Oh snap..you didn't show up for the skioff...:uzi:

HighWayGnar you don't know anything..people from Connecticut travel to VT for local bump competitions..why can't it be vice versa..you're hating on a good thing..we have good bumpers here in PA as well..and hating on BVibert isn't going to win you praise on AZ...and I give him and all the other competitors mad props for competing..cheering and supporting all the bumpers..this thread is hall of fame worthy with all the great pictures, video and commentary..Any skier or rider worth their salt would have had a blast at the competition..yesterday at Blue was lame in comparison..go pack to practicing mandatory GS turns, drink some more haterade and eat some more Angry O's..CIAO