• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust III - 3/22/09

deadheadskier

Staff member
I look forward to it in the AM. Up at 5, another fun filled day tomorrow of fake smiles and fending off snake oil salesman at a trade show. Can't wait to see it.

Though I've never met her, bummer to hear about 180's wife getting hurt. Hope to read it's nothing too serious.

powhunter

One observation that I had was once the duals started...Whover was the fastest went on to the next round...didnt seem like turns, air and speed were judged collectively...Anyways had a great time today Congrats to the Azers that qualified and made it to latter rounds!!!

steveo

bvibert

Staff member
Great day! Sundown really deserves big props for putting on a great event, cramming so much stuff into such little time was impressive. There were a few small problems, and the deal with 180 really sucked, but overall it was great. Hopefully they can iron out the details for next time.

Lots of great talent there today. It was great to see the Meatheads there, especially The Hammer and Radio Ron. Everyone seemed to really like what Sundown had going on, it's not too often you can get guys to head south to ski in CT!

There's so much more to be said, but I'm too spent to get it out of my head right now.

I wouldn't anticipate any video from me until tomorrow night. Aside from the fact that I'm so beat, Carrie is hogging the computer that I do video processing on... :p

bvibert

Staff member
One observation that I had was once the duals started...Whover was the fastest went on to the next round...didnt seem like turns, air and speed were judged collectively...

I don't know if that was necessarily true. I saw at least a couple duals where the guy who crossed the line first wasn't the one to move on. It was usually pretty obvious that faster guy was just blasting down with little control though.

2knees

i'll add more later but my quick recap is this.

The talent there was out of this world. I knew the grand for first place would draw people, but shit that was a top notch field.

Personally, i couldnt be happier, I qualified 11th. won a round and then lost a very close duel with someone who had a bye in the first round. not bad for a hack like me.

The hammer was killing it today.

iceman is gonna be an olympic gold medal winner.

sundown rocks.

alan got screwed.

great day, most importantly.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Randy "The Hammer" Grasso. And deservedly so. Unbelievable talent there today. Top skiers from both Killington (no Highway Star ;) ) and Hunter in attendance. More later.
REALLY...HighwayStar wasn't there to show you CT skiers how it's really done....shocking

bvibert

Staff member
Oh yeah, I need to add this, just for Jarrod:

The third bump down on the right, after the kicker, totally sucked!

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Sev, how did you do in the competition :)
:lol: Didn't even try today. Sore knee. Though my toppling over the exposed ledge at the top of the trail was entertaining. I don't think I've ever been offered so much care after a spill before. Thanks, guys! :D My arm is sore now, and I swore I broke it when I landed on it, but I'm okay.

Still trying to get a few pics up. RAW files are HUGE and I have to process them twice (first to convert, then to cut down on the size) so it takes a lot of time.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Radio Ron caught me trying to sneak a few shots and mugged it up instead. (Too bad I had the zoom lens on.)
3379126466_01514a2efd_o.jpg

3379125676_1df5723e1b_o.jpg

3379127608_4d096b1482_o.jpg

These kids wanted to be filmed and photographed by everyone. I guess I'm a sucker.
3379128280_3b96821998_o.jpg

Last edited:

2knees

and i found JimG! i can change my sig.

nice seeing you Jim, it had been too long.

Al, please post an update on your wife when you get one. The response by the ski patroller barely 20 feet away was disappointing at best.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Nobody from AZ. The dude in the one-piece is Radio Ron from Meathead Films.

Working on the LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG list of other photos.