• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust III - 3/22/09

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Ok, I lied. Last one tonight because flickr is now full. The crew as viewed from the race shack:
3377643541_8c7cc89cdb_o.jpg

Good night!

Greg

Staff member
Here's Greg throwing baseball signs again ;)
3377619241_cdd0023162_o.jpg

I never knew I had a signature finger point on the nossack. :lol: Ha! Look how far ahead Bart was on that duel. I got smoked. No matter. That dude rips.

Greg

Staff member
Video

Okay, here's the vid. I didn't take a lot of it, but here's what I got. Into > Hammer/powhunter qualifier, random duels from below the second kicker including 2knees > Goofball johnnypoach segment > 3rd/4th finals > Finals > 1st place award ceremony > quick Randy Grasso interview (although my dumb ass seems to cut him off early :oops:). Anyway, enjoy:

MR. evil

i want to take a second to give it up for Tim and Brian. You guys stepped up today and supported this shit with no fear. And both of you skied way better then i've ever seen. Tim, i was floored at your qualifying run. I kept looking back at Brian saying i couldnt believe it was you. You were nailing the line and going fast. the airs will come. Kudos to both of you! :beer:

Oh man. This is fun. Keep them coming Carrie! The MR. evil sequence is great. Tim - you are awesome. Seriously dude, nice job. I give you 2 years before you start smoking people.

Thanks guys, that mean alot coming from you two. I am not sure if its from all the beers, or my wreck (or a combination of both) but I feel bad this morning. I felt really good during practice and was even feeling good off the airs. I think the dual runs during qualifing got to me. At the line I told myself not to worry about the guy next to me. Then out of the corner of my eye I noticed that I was with the guy and turned the speed up....then bam! Ski pre-realased on me. And yes, I know I need to crank up my DIN.

The vibe on the hill was great, and I had a blast hanging out at the finish line with Randi, Brian, Carrie, Grassi, Jeff, & MadRiverJack throwing back beers, eating cookies & watching the rest of you guys tear it up.

Last edited:

MR. evil

Check it. MRJ is the real deal too. Who else can rock a bunny helmet with style like that? Cool ass dude too. One of those guys you felt like you've known forever.

Randi & I were thinking the same thing about MRJ.

powbmps

Wow! Some really good skiing out there today. Great video and still shots too. The course looks awesome.

Congrats to everyone who sacked up and competed :beer:.

danny p

wow after 9 TR pages I have to say all the build up for this was worth it...awesome.

Congrats to everyone.

Sev, great photos. Awesome vid Greg. Johnny Poach segment is awesome.

Anyone watch the snowboard mogul comp? Any good rippers?

Awesome TR, perfect way to start Monday morning.

Mikey1

Had a blast out there yestreday. As many have already said, the level of talent was outrageous, it was an honor just to watch them. Great job by the Sundown crew to put on three major competitions in one day. I know a few people entered all three, they must have been dead ass tired last night.

There were only 4 snowboarders in the comp, bu they were all good. Two of them are my neighbors, JP and his son Seth. I believe Seth took second. Don't know if they made any video or pictures.

SkiDork

Greg - great job on the video. Also, like I said yesterday, you now may officially claim the title of bumper. You're in the big time now.

I've got a bunch of footage, all from the bottom of the course. I'll start editing tonight and hopefully have it out within the next day or so.

SkiDork

oh, forgot to say, Iceman loves the googles but now I have to get him the helmet to go along with it... lol... He loved the comp and definitely want to go back to Ski Sundown.

BTW - not to get political or anything but I told Bob yesterday that I wished he had bought Killington. He seems to really know how to run a skiers mountain.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Any pictures or report on the big air comp?
I wanted to see it, but somehow missed it. What a shame. :( I was too busy photographing the guys practicing and completely forgot about it.

Working on getting the rest of the pics up today. I wish I had remembered the 3rd memory card. Missing the finals, missed the awards... I think ZOG got a pic of me with Radio Ron. No pics of me with The Hammer, though. He was another really nice guy.

Grassi21

[*]Mr. Gisevil gets the loud mouth drunk award. Nice job Randi! :lol:

Yeah, I kinda feel partially responsible. I started the bucket brigade. Randi, please take this as a compliment. Watching the comp with you was like watching it with one of my guy friends. You are a funny chick. Quote of the day from Randi while riding the lift late in the day after crushing beers, "I don't feel so good." :lol:

Grassi21

Check it. MRJ is the real deal too. Who else can rock a bunny helmet with style like that? Cool ass dude too. One of those guys you felt like you've known forever.

madriver jack is a cool dude. what happened to those nerves jack? and not hitting the airs? nice meeting you man!

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
WOW, this must have been such a blast! Please don't post anymore pics, the "missed out" factor is already through the roof ;)

Incredible pics. Nice camera.