• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sundown Bump or Bust III - 3/22/09

SkiDork

Fox 61 had some video on last night, it wasn't a lot but they did show a girl that crashed head first into a mogul after one of the kickers... was she ok? And the girl from the Clinic on Wednesday... how'd she finish... she looked to me like a very good bump skier.

that mus have been 180's wife

bvibert

Staff member
jumpresize.jpg

Jarrod, nice pictures. You guys put a ton of work into the terrain park, and the big air jumps and it really shows! Nice job to you and all your guys! :beer:

o3jeff

Had a great time there yesterday hanging out with everyone and meeting more new Az'ers. Pressure is on you Brian to get the video up tonight. FYI, I get very little of the qualifying runs unless I was able to recognize them and even then it was just half the run. If you got seeded there is a good chance you will be on the video as I think I got most of them until the battery ran out in the semi finals.

Suggestion for Sundown on the next comp, if you could call out the number and name of the skier at the start of the runs. Recording on the bottom of such a long run I couldn't see who was at the start. They started out calling out the names of the kids and woman's division, then it stopped.

The judging I thought was real fair, sitting at the bottom I saw many a times them give the win to the second skier who made turn versus straight lining the bottom. Perfect example was Iceman, he was just landing the second kicker and the other competitor was just crossing the line, Iceman got the win most likely for his perfect turns.

Greg

Staff member
Jarrod, nice pictures. You guys put a ton of work into the terrain park, and the big air jumps and it really shows! Nice job to you and all your guys! :beer:

Agreed. I was hoping to take a ride up lift one during the big air, but the bumps on Gunny were so fun, I just wanted to hop lift 2 and get back over there. Gunbarrel is just sick right now after all that ripper traffic yesterday. Hoping the cold temps froze that run solid to preserve them for the weekend.

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
Had a great time there yesterday hanging out with everyone and meeting more new Az'ers. Pressure is on you Brian to get the video up tonight. FYI, I get very little of the qualifying runs unless I was able to recognize them and even then it was just half the run. If you got seeded there is a good chance you will be on the video as I think I got most of them until the battery ran out in the semi finals.

Suggestion for Sundown on the next comp, if you could call out the number and name of the skier at the start of the runs. Recording on the bottom of such a long run I couldn't see who was at the start. They started out calling out the names of the kids and woman's division, then it stopped.

The judging I thought was real fair, sitting at the bottom I saw many a times them give the win to the second skier who made turn versus straight lining the bottom. Perfect example was Iceman, he was just landing the second kicker and the other competitor was just crossing the line, Iceman got the win most likely for his perfect turns.

haha... my notes got blown accross the race shack ... that's why i had to stop announcing names. oops

Greg

Staff member
haha... my notes got blown accross the race shack ... that's why i had to stop announcing names. oops

Well, when a silly official race trail is cut, you guys could build an elevated mogul finish building over the bottom of Gunbarrel, complete with a state of the art computer system to making the judging/seeding, announcing, etc. much easier. ;)

2knees

dude, i'm my last head to head that i lost, i was flying down the lower section totally out of control yet i could still hear you on the loudspeaker. You were saying "remember, style counts in this competition"

nothing like getting heckled by the announcer.

jarrodski

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
Website
www.skisundown.com
Jarrod said he'll scan the brackets into a PDF this week.

locked in Dotty's office... i'll try to break in, but its probably better for inter-departmental relationions that we wait until she comes into work....

i was thinking of just taking the brackets and the master list and scanning them in....

Greg

Staff member
locked in Dotty's office... i'll try to break in, but its probably better for inter-departmental relationions that we wait until she comes into work....

i was thinking of just taking the brackets and the master list and scanning them in....

Whatever is easiest, and no rush. Nice job on the mic yesterday too, as usual.

bvibert

Staff member
dude, i'm my last head to head that i lost, i was flying down the lower section totally out of control yet i could still hear you on the loudspeaker. You were saying "remember, style counts in this competition"

nothing like getting heckled by the announcer.

I could hear him quite clearly during my qualifying run, good stuff.

One thing I noticed is that the winner was definitely no youngster..maybe 40ish and most of the competitiors were in their 30s and 40s..props for showing that getting mad steezy air isn't just for the young jibhonks..

and Bvibert..the 90s called and they want their goatee back..lol