• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

worst avatar

• 1. gmcunni

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • 2. mondeo

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • 3. bvibert

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • 4. other / write in

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

bvibert

Staff member
I thought you were getting ready to flap your wings...;-)

Actually, it's times like these that make me glad I usually carry the camera when we go skiing...

That's probably the sickest air that I've ever gotten, I'm glad my wife was able to capture it so perfectly. :cool:

2knees

voted for me. it was my attempt at a double.. dumper air / pole daffey

Sorry Gary, but you have a lot of work to do to really perfect the pole daffy. Please study the hand positioning carefully, and then try again next time.

rookie!

CRW_0044.JPG

mondeo

Sorry Gary, but you have a lot of work to do to really perfect the pole daffy. Please study the hand positioning carefully, and then try again next time.

rookie!
Nah, he's just moved beyond the pole daffy to the pole spraffy.

deadheadskier

Staff member
You know this morning I was looking at Brian's latest masterpiece of flight and I was trying to think of what it reminded me of. Then it came to me

The Pelican Air!!

spot-billed-pelican--pelicanus-philippensis-2.jpg

good show my man. Inventing not one, but two memorable big air moves in one season is no small feat!

:beer:

Greg

Staff member
I added a new air to my arsenal on Sundown's closing day. It's called the "Laffy", i.e. lame daffy. :lol:

drjeff

Gotta vote for bvibert - IMHO the air with the most "Oh sh$t!" looking potential of the 3 ;)

bvibert

Staff member
You know this morning I was looking at Brian's latest masterpiece of flight and I was trying to think of what it reminded me of. Then it came to me

The Pelican Air!!

spot-billed-pelican--pelicanus-philippensis-2.jpg

good show my man. Inventing not one, but two memorable big air moves in one season is no small feat!

:beer:

The Pelican Air, huh? Not bad, but I like sounds of Hulk Air better. ;)

As far as inventing two air moves in one season goes, assuming you're talking about the dumper air; that was actually created last season, it just has staying power and remains popular. Thanks for the praise though. :cool: