• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blizzard hammers Denver

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Blizzard hammers Denver
03/26/2009 01:27 PM MDT
Highways are closed, flights are disrupted at DIA, and thousands of students have the day off school as heavy snow blankets the Front Range. Denver could get 16 inches.

Loveland Pass is closed and chain laws are in effect

20090326__SNOW26_7757%7Ep1.jpg

Heavy snow in the Colorado mountains will be a boon to late season skiing.

2knees

For business or skiing?

Skiing, he and mike went out for 5 days. he called to rub it in the other day. well, not rub it in, that isnt Chris' style. but he was nervous about his flight in as this had been predicted for a few days i guess.

2knees

I think BeastEd is as well. I know he's skiing the Jane this weekend.

Jerks.

chris was staying with his dad and hitting vail and aspen. said the jane was too far of a drive from where he was. regardless, he promised pics and vid for us upon return.

drjeff

Man do we seriously need a headline saying "Spring Blizzard Hammers New England!"

snoseek

18 inches in golden-still snowing. Skiing today was all-time. Will post some pics and a report soon.....

powbmps

We may have been the last plane to get in on Thursday. It was a freakin' blizzard!

This place sucks. No good lines.

polski

Website
twitter.com
Amarillo Frickin' TEXAS got a foot of snow the other day and up here my favorite ski areas are closing before April. Pisses me off.