• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

NASTAR Nationals wrap up

gymnast46

Website
www.suburbansport.com
Greetings from beautiful Steamboat! The NASTAR Nationals wrapped up today and it was a terrific event. I got the opportunity to meet a few fellow AZers.

I maintained an online diary during the event and you're welcome to view it. It might just encourage you to join us next year.

Pat Moore

Last edited:

f/go steve

Website
www.elemenop.us
Enjoyed being out at Steamboat too. I'm not much of a ski racer, but I appreciate the sport and took a few hundred shots of racers of all levels. Check them out at my web site f/go, at www.elemenop.us/f-go.html. Photos are free to download for private usage. Please write to me for permission for any commercial use. I'd love to hear from you if I was able to catch any shots of you. Was thrilled to run into a teen from Cincinnati and his dad at the airport who I photographed.

Congrats to all skiers!
Steve

gymnast46

Website
www.suburbansport.com
Enjoyed being out at Steamboat too. I'm not much of a ski racer, but I appreciate the sport and took a few hundred shots of racers of all levels. Check them out at my web site f/go, at www.elemenop.us/f-go.html. Photos are free to download for private usage. Please write to me for permission for any commercial use. I'd love to hear from you if I was able to catch any shots of you. Was thrilled to run into a teen from Cincinnati and his dad at the airport who I photographed.

Congrats to all skiers!
Steve

Steve, those are terrific shots! And far better than the ones taken by the mountain photographers. I recognize racers from the Sitz and Vogue courses. You got a great shot of one of my friends. I was wondering if you got one of my crash on Vogue on the first run of Saturday's afternoon session. It was pretty spectacular - I broke my ankle.

Thank you for providing the link. I took a few shots too but they're mostly people pictures. Anyone is free to use them as well.

carbonXshell

Website
vimeo.com
gymnast46, bummer about your ankle but Congrats on winning a 4th National title :beer:

f/go steve, thanks for the link... real nice pics.

congrats and ++++++++Vibes++++++++

I caught the Nastar bug a few years ago but didn't ski much Nastar this season..

Vortex

Just got in at 1.30 easter time this morning. Pat is a great guy and sad to see him get the injury, but he still made the party; great to see him get the gold as well. I ended up with a fourth place finish.Ii was 1st after the 1st day, and I thought I skied well on Sat, but missed it by a littel bit. great trip with lots of snow. geat to meeet a bunch of new Nastar freinds. Great community. Got to meet Billy and get his autograph. A highlight indeed.

I'll add more when I get my feet back under me. Get well Pat.

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com

Congrats to all skiers!
Steve

Steve,
What great pics. Nice day, gorgeous colors. I love seeing the wide range of "you can tell they're gonna be #1" to the really tentative little ones. Brings back xcellent memories. YOu have have great eye for a shot. Especially love the dead kid skier and the yellow agony of dee-feet. Keep up the good work.

p.s., I was in Minn in February; I love your city and your people!