• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

need info on sugarloaf

whiteface valmas

no, thats all i need.
I was going to go to whiteface, but conditions were to bad , and i decided to try out the loaf. I saw pics and it looked like they got a very good base in the trails and woods.
how much do you think they will get tonight?

Edd

They're saying an inch or 2 on the website, and they are typically honest. Monday may be some mixed precip but Tuesday is looking very good. I'm skiing there that day if you're going up solo. The plan was to ski there on Friday as well but the forecast that day isn't good....for now.

BackLoafRiver

I was up there Saturday and conditions were great once the sun got out. My biggest concern would be the effects of the rain we got last night into today. Weather is calling for some mixed stuff today. (possibly a snow shower tonight) Whether or not it is enough to refresh the mountain remains to be seen.

All that being said, it is a fun mountain. As the season has gone on, I have been able to experience more of it. Great variety and something new every day.

Hope you enjoy your trip up! Take a few laps for me as I will be doing the working man thing

whiteface valmas

I was up there Saturday and conditions were great once the sun got out. My biggest concern would be the effects of the rain we got last night into today. Weather is calling for some mixed stuff today. (possibly a snow shower tonight) Whether or not it is enough to refresh the mountain remains to be seen.

All that being said, it is a fun mountain. As the season has gone on, I have been able to experience more of it. Great variety and something new every day.

Hope you enjoy your trip up! Take a few laps for me as I will be doing the working man thing

i will.
thanks,
I think we have to wait and see if it snows during the week to refresh the mountain

tjf67

Just got back from the loaf. Still tons of snow. Everything is open if it softens up.

Best deal of the year. Last week was ski free for NJ, Conn, and NY residents. All you had to do was show your license.

Thanks boyne!!!!

wa-loaf

i will.
thanks,
I think we have to wait and see if it snows during the week to refresh the mountain

That's a good way to miss out. You never know when that storm that looks like rain might dump a foot plus. It's not unusual for the Loaf to get some big April storms. Just go.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Just got back from the loaf. Still tons of snow. Everything is open if it softens up.

Best deal of the year. Last week was ski free for NJ, Conn, and NY residents. All you had to do was show your license.

Thanks boyne!!!!

How did you like it? Where else did you ski on your trip over?

tjf67

How did you like it? Where else did you ski on your trip over?

I have skied there about 15 times and have never been dissapointed. Its steep and the people are fun.

Went to Stowe on Monday. Got a few inches but it was set up solid as a brick. Toured up the road to smuggs with the dog. That was the highlight.

Went over to Cannon on Tuesday. Very cool hill with lots of steep pitches. The tram was closed for the season and the tram line was not skiable. Wanted to bag that. They have some really cool terrain but again tuesday was pretty set up as well. Went running in towards the notch with the dog and started to get tracked by some sort of coyotes/dogs. They were howling on both sides of us about 3 miles in so turned and got out. That was pretty neat experiece. My dog had no idea.

Stowe had a good base. Cannon was getting thin. Sugarloaf has plenty of snow to make it to may if they want.

Slides will no open this year but there are a few big slides in the dacks that have lots of snow that are calling out for some skiers.