What are you riding this year? - Page 20

AlpineZone

Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 LastLast

A new bike

I'm currently working on getting a new bike. A friends owns a local bike shop and trying to talk me into a Niner EMD 9 (slightly more than I want to pay). I'm also considering KHS Flagstaff. Hopefully, by mid May I'll rocking with something new.

Quote Originally Posted by 2knees View Post
    I just bought a sweet huffy. it has a fake gas tank and some nasty high rider handlebars.
    Sweet

Yeah, yeah, I know, reflectors.

Why do they even put them on? Road bikes don't come with them, and there you might be actually on, you know, the road. With cars and stuff.
    2009-2010:
    Killington: 11/7, 11/21, 12/5, 12/6, 12/10, 12/12, 12/13, 12/22, 12/23, 1/1, 1/2, 1/9, 1/10, 1/23, 1/24 (15)

Ski Sundown: 12/18, 12/19, 12/20, 12/24, 12/30, 1/3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/7, 1/8, 1/11 - 1/22, 1/26-1/30 (27)
    EH XC: 12/21 (1)
    WNY XC/NELSAP BC: 12/29 (1)

Total: 44

Quote Originally Posted by mondeo View Post

Why do they even put them on? Road bikes don't come with them, and there you might be actually on, you know, the road. With cars and stuff.
    Pretty heavy duty jack you got there for working on a bike. I just use a bike stand.

Nice seeing someone else get into cycling. I enjoy riding on the road as much as on the trail... they're both a lot of fun in their own way. I'm looking forward to hearing your take. I only started semi serious roadie-ing about four years ago, before that I did some slick tire mtb road stuff, but that's not nearly as fun.
    Making sanity obsolete since 1982...

Nice! Now go take the reflectors off and get it dirty!
    Brian

Nice bike (the MTB one )

Brian - I've been meaning to ask, what's your impression of th enew bike? Like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Brian - I've been meaning to ask, what's your impression of th enew bike? Like it?
    Thanks for asking, though clearly you haven't been reading my TR's.

4/19/10:
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Best of all my new bike was awesome, like really awesome. Very happy with my purchase so far.
    4/20/10:
    Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    The bike performed great again, I can definitely feel a difference.
    Yes, I'm very happy with the new bike. I was already looking forward to this season, now with the new bike it's looking even better than expected. I can't wait to get back out on it!

I've read great things about the DW-Link rear suspension, now I'm pretty sold. When seated pedaling on smooth ground I hardly know there's any rear suspension at all. When the terrain gets rough the bike just sucks it up and allows me to power right through it. It's like glue to the terrain. I've made a bunch of rocky and rooty climbs that I would have had a lot more trouble keeping the rear of the HT planted on. Now I just need to get my legs and lung back into shape so I can make the longer climbs again...
    Brian

where is the downhill rig?

Got my new ride. Took it out yesterday for a test run. Nimble. Fast and plenty plush!

:thumb:

The black frame is a tribute to my old bike from 2002-2005... I miss this ride:

Quote Originally Posted by BigJay View Post
    Got my new ride. Took it out yesterday for a test run. Nimble. Fast and plenty plush!

:thumb:

The black frame is a tribute to my old bike from 2002-2005... I miss this ride:

Nice!
    "Everyone seems to have a clear idea of how other people should lead their lives, but none about his or her own." ~ Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Thread Information