• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you riding this year?

bvibert

Staff member
You make a very good point here. The fact that everyone insists that all the reflectors must be removed is kinda silly actually. What? Do they add extra weight? :lol: :dunce:

I think it's more that they look stupid (especially the ones one spokes and pedals), and since they're cheap pieces of garbage they're more likely bust off and leave pieces of reflector strewn throughout the woods.

I do agree about the rear one though. I'm gonna do one better and get one of those blinky lights to keep back there. I did a section of road on one of my night rides last year and I was pretty nervous with out the reflector.

sLoPeS

I think it's more that they look stupid (especially the ones one spokes and pedals), and since they're cheap pieces of garbage they're more likely bust off and leave pieces of reflector strewn throughout the woods.

I do agree about the rear one though. I'm gonna do one better and get one of those blinky lights to keep back there. I did a section of road on one of my night rides last year and I was pretty nervous with out the reflector.

what happened to your bike? ur avatar pic....

powpig2002

bvibert, like your chainstay protector. talk about simple. i never think of shite like that. i have the rubber from canting my ski boots.

powpig2002

yea.been dealing w/ tom for close to 10 years(the old hilltop where pizza stone is).he always treats me excellent.got a wicked killer deal on the titus.

BackLoafRiver

He had a Rocky Mountain Slayer in there a few weeks ago that was my size and he was willing to work on pricing. He also had a Turner Sultan 29er that I wanted to demo. Cool stuff.

Last edited:

powpig2002

slayer was there this a m . just waiting for someone to take her home. we stopped in after riding. thinking hard about a remote seatpost

MR. evil

s
thinking hard about a remote seatpost

Do it!
Best money I have ever spent on my bike. Stick with a mechnical one vs the hydrolic as they are more reliable. I have the RASE post and love it, but the Gravity dropper and All Mountain Post are also really good options.

powbmps

Is that a Yeti 575, sweet rig!

Yes sir. My first "nice" bike. Got a deal on a '09 Enduro package with the full carbon rear.

Feels pretty nice riding laps in the basement (very small laps :razz:). It's 3 1/2 pounds lighter than the Cake III I have.

Would have liked the ASR-7, but it started about $1,200 more than I paid for the 575.

MR. evil

Yes sir. My first "nice" bike. Got a deal on a '09 Enduro package with the full carbon rear.

Feels pretty nice riding laps in the basement (very small laps :razz:). It's 3 1/2 pounds lighter than the Cake III I have.

Would have liked the ASR-7, but it started about $1,200 more than I paid for the 575.

with the carbon rear triangle I would avoid and big drops and rough stuff like you were doing at Highland. I know someone with he same bike and it's da bomb!

powbmps

with the carbon rear triangle I would avoid and big drops and rough stuff like you were doing at Highland. I know someone with he same bike and it's da bomb!

I'll just have to learn to ride smoooooth and less sucky. I still haven't been able to find any instances of the carbon failing. I would think the danger comes in slamming the carbon pieces directly on rocks or something.