• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you riding this year?

bvibert

Staff member
I think the carbon rear will be fine, as long as you keep it from contacting hard objects directly. Just keep an eye on it for any nicks or deep scratches.

BTW, Sweet looking bike! Let us know how you like it after you get out for a real ride.

roark

I would think the danger comes in slamming the carbon pieces directly on rocks or something.

I think the carbon rear will be fine, as long as you keep it from contacting hard objects directly. Just keep an eye on it for any nicks or deep scratches.
yup. cracked the carbon upper rear on my RM falling at a stop. :angry: Wouldn't warranty, but fortunately the shop is giving it to me at cost so it's not too bad.

marin palisades trail w a few upgrades...switched out the cranks, pedals, tires...went clipless for the first time ever and am loving it

home ride is a small park about a mile from the house which enables me to get our for 5-10 miles most nights after work...use a cat eye light during the winter and 'ride by braille', so to speak...other close good rides are spring mountain, french creek, green lane, evansburg, and my personal fave, wissahickon

o3jeff

IMG00062.jpg
[/IMG]

o3jeff

Putting it together yourself?

No(even though there really didn't appear to be much assembly required, adjustments probably being the toughest)., was at Suburban last night looking at kids skis and it was sitting there, hopefully it will be put together soon.

MR. evil

That's the plan as of right now, but it could end up as a decoration at any time!

Just need to clean up the Cannondale this weekend and get it up for sale.

Pony up the 3 or 4 bucks and pay for an add on MTBR, also post it on CF. I posted my old frame and a shock on MTBR and sold them both in under a week.