• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you riding this year?

RENO

Looking to get back into MTB this year, a RM Element 70 is ordered. Definitely a step up from the 1988 Schwinn High Sierra (with RADICAL blue/hot pink graphics! and Biopace!!) I rode as a kid (although that thing was absolutely indestructible).

Stoked!
If you don't mind me asking, what's the cost and weight on that bike? I really like it and I'm looking to upgrade from my Trek 6700 hardtail to Full susp. Did you order it online or go to a local dealer?

Greg

Staff member
If you don't mind me asking, what's the cost and weight on that bike? I really like it and I'm looking to upgrade from my Trek 6700 hardtail to Full susp. Did you order it online or go to a local dealer?

26 lbs. Mid $3K.

RENO

Outta my price range. Some new 2008 Element 70's on Ebay for $2300 - 2500. I'll see if I can find one of the other Elements like the 10 or 30. A little closer to my price range...

roark

26 lbs. Mid $3K.

Fortunately I'm not paying that... more of a one time deal through a 'friend'.

And it should ship in the next couple days! w00t!

Hook up with powbmps. He's in your area and rides and if you're ever down here for whatever reason, be sure to let us know. Good riding in CT.

Good to know. djspookman is bike nut as well.

Highway Star

I haven't been on a bike since I was a kid, but decided to get into it as a summer activity. Got it off craigslist for a couple hundred or so, the guy said it was a downhill race bike but that he never got to ride it at the ski resorts so he had to sell it. It's nearly new....so I bought it...

attachment.php

I've also got my cases of mt. dew, so I'm ready to hit some sweet jumps and tear up the local trails.....probably Killington too this summer.

I can ride in my jeans and ski helmet, right?

Anybody up for a bike-off???

MR. evil

if you actually paid a couple of hundred bucks for that bike you got hosed!

Brand new that thing didn't cost that much.

Greg

Staff member

Don't feed into it. He's trolling.

Highway Star

No way man, it's a downhill race bike. I've taken it off some curbs and it just soaks them up....the suspension is very springy.

RENO

With any luck his wheel will pop off riding down Killington and he'll smash his face on a rock. It would be an improvement...:???:

Highway Star

With any luck his wheel will pop off riding down Killington and he'll smash his face on a rock. It would be an improvement...:???:

Why all the e-hate Reno.....you sound like a very mean person.

boston_e

Off road: The same K2 Razorback that I've beaten the crap out of the past few summers.
On road: A new at the end of last season Orbea Onix.

I'll probably need to do some upgrades/parts replacement on the Razorback this summer.

WoodCore

Just a couple rides in so far on the new bike.....

woodcore-albums-bikes-picture274-2008-iron-horse-mkiii-comp.jpg

and the Ibex Alpine it replaced.......

woodcore-albums-bikes-picture275-2008-ibex-alpine-650.jpg

WoodCore

I'm loving it! Full suspension makes such a huge difference!