• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

What are you riding this year?

sLoPeS

Sweet! When you coming out for a ride with us?

early june....its in the shop right now and gonna take a little while. sucks because i really wanna get out there and restart my bike season. my shoulder/arm is much better now so by the time i do get the bike back ill be (hopefully) in good condition to let it rip. gonna do some hiking and trail running for now, along with taking care of some other things. will let u know when i can make a ride. tear up some singletrack for me til then......maybe ill do some trail work for some karma points :spin:

Grassi21

the current rig.....which is back in the shop :evil:

Nice... Here is my F5....

DSCN2248.JPG

And yes gents, I have removed all the reflectors since this pic was taken. :)

sLoPeS

haha, good stuff....

and i believe they are BB5's (the new rear disc breaks as seen in the pic and what will go on the front) but i could be wrong. no hydro's for now, just need to get the bike working.

sLoPeS

They look like the same brakes I have, whats wrong with them?

in the pic that i posted.....the rear is brand new and working although it needs to be adjusted. the front caliper (sp?) is straight shot. it doesnt spring back. exactly what happened to my rear last thanksgiving. too many damn parts on a mtn bike!

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Nice... Here is my F5....

DSCN2248.JPG

Interesting that you say that. I know a lot of grief is given to those that don't remove all of their reflectors, but I think the rear red seat post reflector should be left on. If you ever ride at night with head lamps or are forced to ride on a road near dark it is a very valuable piece of safety equipment that makes you visible to others (both other riders and cars).

OTOH the wheel reflectors gotta go :spin:

Greg

Staff member
Interesting that you say that. I know a lot of grief is given to those that don't remove all of their reflectors, but I think the rear red seat post reflector should be left on. If you ever ride at night with head lamps or are forced to ride on a road near dark it is a very valuable piece of safety equipment that makes you visible to others (both other riders and cars).

OTOH the wheel reflectors gotta go :spin:

You make a very good point here. The fact that everyone insists that all the reflectors must be removed is kinda silly actually. What? Do they add extra weight? :lol: :dunce:

Grassi21

You make a very good point here. The fact that everyone insists that all the reflectors must be removed is kinda silly actually. What? Do they add extra weight? :lol: :dunce:

I can feel the difference.... ;-)