• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Northeast ski areas/resorts you've never skied at but want to????

tjf67

There is not alot left as I have been to most of the ski areas in New England. I have never skied off the true summit at Whiteface, so I would like to do that as it's never been opened when I visted.

Massachusetts is offically 100% complete with the addition of Ski Ward last December as is Connecticut and Rhode Island.

Vermont has Bear Creek and Cochran still remaining unskied while Maine and New Hampshire still have all the smaller resorts still to ski.

Next year we hope to ski Whaleback, Tenney, Granite Gorge, Bear Creek and Cochran.

It does nothave to be opened. I would be willing to walk up the back side and ski down with you. Of course I will make the decision as to whether I will do it or not. It is a 5 miles skin up the toll road.

ERJ-145CA

I need to complete my NJ list, figure I'll go for a couple hours and amuse myself. How would you compare it to Mt Peter or Hidden Valley...I'm expecting it to be more like Mt Peter. It also makes my list because I added Blue Hills this year and it seemed well run, so my expectations are for a similar experience at Campgaw.

It would be closer to Mt. Peter than HV. Mt. Peter is 400' vert, HV is 620' and Campgaw is 270'. Also Mt. Peter has multiple ways down the hill, Campgaw only has one wide trail (not counting the bunny hill) with a couple of side trails that loop from the top to about mid-hill. They do a good job snowmaking though and the snow conditions are usually pretty good, even during adverse weather conditions. Very crowded on weekends but nice on weekdays but they open at 1 or 2 pm during the week. Here is a picture:

campgaw-mountain.jpg

There is another lift on the right on the other side of the trees and to the left of the lift in the picture there is a trail that is just as wide as the one to the right of that lift.

Oh yeah, also on a clear night you can see the George Washington Bridge from the top.

Last edited: