• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Jay Peak weekend

LiftlineRedcoat

A couple years ago one of my skiing buddies got married. Someone had the great idea of having his bachelor party at one of the New England ski areas, and thus the "Bachelor Party Weekend" was born. This year is the third year of what has become an annual event, whether someone in the group is getting married or not...:smile:

We arrived at Jay Peak late Thursday night March 19th, and skied Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Friday and Saturday was bluebird perfect weather, but since the temperature was hovering just below freezing, the snow was pretty hard. Jay did a pretty good job of grooming the trails, and if we looked carefully for places where the late March sun bore down hard, we could find a bit of soft snow. Buckeroo Bonzai was probably the pick of the two days.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQLRXLzWViU

The mysterious Jay Cloud worked it's magic for us Saturday night, and we awoke Sunday morning to 6 inches of new snow. While it's nowhere near some of the epic powder days that can be had at Jay, it capped off a great weekend for us. :spread: Hope you enjoy the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ko1uA67_WOo

Had I been faster at winnowing down 75 clips into 2 ten minute videos, I'd have posted these on the trip report forum. :blink:

Last edited:

BigJay

Would you be surprised to learn that we got a good 5-6in of snow yesterday... semi-light powder in the bumps... woods still ride pretty good...

A bit wet at the bottom... windy like always... snowed pretty much all day... down in the village, winds were calm... everything was brown... and we saw the sun in the afternoon...

A real mountain weather climate!

LiftlineRedcoat

Would you be surprised to learn that we got a good 5-6in of snow yesterday... semi-light powder in the bumps... woods still ride pretty good...

A bit wet at the bottom... windy like always... snowed pretty much all day... down in the village, winds were calm... everything was brown... and we saw the sun in the afternoon...

A real mountain weather climate!

Jay is such a cool place. My only regret for the long weekend we spent there was I believed the weather forecast I saw right before I left Massachusetts Thursday afternoon. They had about a 30% chance of snow flurries Saturday night, so I left my wide skis at home! Never underestimate the "Jay Cloud!"

SirShredsaLot

Hey! I was there that weekend. It was still snowing a little on Sunday morning, then around 11:00 the Sun broke through and it was bluebird. I skied powder stash's in the trees all afternoon.

This was my first trip to Jay and I'll def. be back.

Btw, what type of camera are you using in those videos?

Last edited:

LiftlineRedcoat

Hey! I was there that weekend. It was still snowing a little on Sunday morning, then around 11:00 the Sun broke through and it was bluebird. I skied powder stash's in the trees all afternoon.

This was my first trip to Jay and I'll def. be back.

Btw, what type of camera are you using in those videos?

Sunday was a great day. The camera is a VIO POV1. http://www.vio-pov.com/

powbmps

Nice video!

Those VIO cameras seem to work very well.