• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

ACL surgery

Thanks to all who have asked about Robin. She underwent ACL repair last Wednesday using allograft. Thanks to modern medicine this operation far easier than when I had it in March of 1989. She is already walking without support. She has the CPM machine and the water chiller which really helps a lot. I stole it from her last to soothe my sore knee. Tomorrow she gets her rehab orders and it's off to the races.

Pictures can be seen at this link, click on the magnifying glass for a closeup.

http://picasaweb.google.com/huntermt2/RobinSKneeACLReconstruction4109#

Last edited:

wa-loaf

I had the same surgery last June and could ski in December. No probs this year except a little achy on some days.

Best of luck to her.

Grassi21

Very interesting pics of the inner workings of the knee.

Greg

Staff member
Very interesting pics of the inner workings of the knee.

I wish I didn't look at that during lunch. :blink:

Seriously, best wishes to Robin for a speedy rehab. Glad the surgery went well.

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Glad to hear the surgery went well! Sounds like Robin will be back in the game for next season, even better than ever!

skiadikt

glad it went well. speedy recovery to her.

on a side note, i was looking at the engravings on the bmmc trophy and noticed last year that you (i think that you) had finished 4th last year. i hadn't been aware of that. very impressive.

2knees

Thanks to all who have asked about Robin. She underwent ACL repair last Wednesday using allograft. Thanks to modern medicine this operation far easier than when I had it in March of 1989. She is already walking without support. She has the CPM machine and the water chiller which really helps a lot. I stole it from her last to soothe my sore knee. Tomorrow she gets her rehab oders and it's off to the races.

Pictures can be seen at this link, click on the magnifying glass for a closeup.

http://picasaweb.google.com/huntermt2/RobinSKneeACLReconstruction4109#

#1. glad to hear it all went well.

#2 i had my first one in march of 89. freaky. I had a 3 night hospital stay and then 2 weeks of basically bed rest. Now, they send you right home and want you rehabbing within a couple of days. so much has changed its incredible.

glad it went well. speedy recovery to her.

on a side note, i was looking at the engravings on the bmmc trophy and noticed last year that you (i think that you) had finished 4th last year. i hadn't been aware of that. very impressive.

Thanks, haven't been able to see it yet.

Mrs180

My knees! Oy vey!

Thanks so much for the post! I got kinda grossed when I saw the pictures. Do I look fat??? The surgery seemed uneventful - no pain. The meds they gave me knocked me out or numed me - they could have amputated both legs and I would have been smiling. The discomfort started about 48 hours after the surgery when the medications wore off. I'm committed to a full rehab, committed to getting out by Thanksgiving, committed to a rematch with Janine (wink wink) and committed to skiing with my buddies at Alpine Zone. You guys are the BEST. Thanks for the kind words, the beautiful posts, the pictures of my family, and the great time skiing. We will be up at Sugarbush and Killington. I will be at the bar telling stories...and trying to contain my jealousy.

See you soon!

Robin

Tyrolean_skier

Wishing you a very speedy recovery. I don't usually go into the bar area at Killington but if you let me know when you will be there, I will make it a point to come in and say hello.

Greg

Staff member
I'm committed to a full rehab, committed to getting out by Thanksgiving, committed to a rematch with Janine (wink wink) and committed to skiing with my buddies at Alpine Zone.

Great attitude, but I'm not surprised. Good luck!