• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

April 18th-19th - Where to go?

jaywbigred

More southern the better, but choices may be limited...

Who will have bumps?

Stratton, Bromley, Okemo all closed. Mt. Snow operating Carinthia only, and as far as I can tell no bumps.

Does K have any bumps left? I assume the Bush and Stowe do...

mondeo

Some great bumps on Escapade, Big Dipper, Conclusion, and now Highline at Killington, not sure how well those trails will hold out over the next week, though. I'm hoping Escapade holds out, as it has some of the best natural lines I've seen at Killington this year. I'd guess that as they have to close trails with bumps, they'll let others bump up. Hoping they'll let Superstar go after this vacation week.

Stache

Website
WWW.SKIWITHSTACHE.COM
More southern the better, but choices may be limited...

Who will have bumps?

Stratton DONE, Bromley DONE, , Okemo DONE, . Mt. Snow operating Carinthia only, and as far as I can tell no bumps.

Does K have any bumps left? I assume the Bush and Stowe DONE, do...

In VT it will be J, K or the bush. Mt. Snow may get one more weekend in their park with the elements removed but .....?????

icedtea

K's coverage is sick...with a little maneuvering you can hit up Vertigo's staircases all day by yourself. Of course with the weather this week who knows what will be open this weekend.

Geoff

Hoping they'll let Superstar go after this vacation week.

I doubt it. The bumps that have been forming on Superstar this spring have mostly been awful. In the middle of the trail, it's usually big skids across glacial ice to the next wall bump. That stuff really does need to get knocked down. If they leave the edges alone, they might develop zipper lines. That's what I'd do. With only 3 trails open midweek, they need to give people somewhere to ski.

Lostone

Bumps at the Bush?

Paradise, Ripcord, Organgrinder, Spillsville, Stein's Mall, Twist, Moonshine, Domino.

Note the last 4 require some walking, but get raves for the snow that is at the top. (OK, for Domino, just below the very top!:wink:)

The above was for today, before 4 days that are slated to be sunny and warm. :cool:

Wonder what I'll do while it is sunny and warm? :wink:

I think we are doing the Bush. I emailed WIn and he gave me a killer deal on lifts and lodging. I just mentioned AZ.

Bostonian

I thinking of making a trip either to K-Mart or Sunday River on Patriots day since there is no work for me :) If I wasn't doing a bachelor party thing this weekend, I would say go up to the loaf this weekend for Reggae Weekend... They are skiing on 114 trails as of this morning. Damn strippers and steaks getting in the way of skiing