• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ski Offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

highpeaksdrifter

What does it really mean if one person is proven to be a better skier then another?

There opinion counts for more?
The loser now has to keep his opinions to himself?
The winner always is right on all things skiing?
The winner is the better man?

I’m a competitive person. I enjoy being in bump comps and NASTAR, but I think ski offs are stupid mostly cause its about mean spiritness rather then sportsmanship.

drjeff

They usually atleast lead to a secondary thread full of excuses about why Highwaystar didn't show up though ;)

o3jeff

I asked the tool 3 times in his ski off thread, but he was unable to comprehend it.

I guess it must be a top 30 Killington skier thing.

campgottagopee

I sadi this in an earlier thread a while back and still holds true for me to this day----I love competition, PERIOD, and don't like to lose. In skiing I love the steeps, if I get my ass handed to me we head to the woods, if lose there then off to the bumps---off to NASTAR----off to anywhere I think I can "win"....but at the end of the day I'm buyin' beers for me and everyone I've skied with that day......it's all about the beer

jerryg

I asked the tool 3 times in his ski off thread, but he was unable to comprehend it.

I guess it must be a top 30 Killington skier thing.

I always thought Killington had some good skiers... :dunce:

Glenn

I think it means you end up in a sweet restored Camaro and some chick from France goes home with you....and you never had to pay that kid his $2.

SkiDork

does anyone know if a ski-off has actually ever taken place? I thought it was just banter in forums...

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
blueberry-off followed by an orion-off is the only way to go. let's make it happen...

Ok, you're on.
http://forums.alpinezone.com/47293-orion-cookout-august-8th-stamford-conn.html

or do I need to challenge you directly in a different thread(s)
comeandgetsome.gif

hysterical.gif

http://forums.alpinezone.com/47293-orion-cookout-june-20th-stamford-conn.html

Last edited:

Talisman

does anyone know if a ski-off has actually ever taken place? I thought it was just banter in forums...

A ski-off has never taken place. It is just forum bravado, big talk, hubris, smack talk or hot air (er electrons).

I am curious if we could arrange a beer-off, though. Determining a beer-off winner would be difficult, but it would be more fun than waiting at the top of the lift for someone who isn't going to arrive.

Highway Star

A ski-off originated on K-zone, as a result of smack talking to me. So I decided to see if people wanted to man up and prove that they had the skills to back up the internet talk. Because I can back it up. Most people can't, so they won't show.

Grassi21

I'll bring my El Cheapo Brinkman that I bought for $35 at Home Depot with $10 worth of mods.... Bring it! In all serisouness I am intrigued by the Orian. But the Brinkman has rewarded me with some GREAT pulled pork, ribs, and Jamaican jerk chicken.

hammer

A ski-off originated on K-zone, as a result of smack talking to me. So I decided to see if people wanted to man up and prove that they had the skills to back up the internet talk. Because I can back it up. Most people can't, so they won't show.
So how did that one go?

Status
Not open for further replies.