• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My new bike, ready to hit the trails...!!

Highway Star

Well, new to me at least. I haven't been on a bike since I was a kid, but decided to get into it as a summer activity. Got it off craigslist for a couple hundred or so, the guy said it was a downhill race bike but that he never got to ride it at the ski resorts so he had to sell it. It's nearly new....so I bought it...

attachment.php

I've also got my cases of mt. dew, so I'm ready to hit some sweet jumps and tear up the local trails.....probably Killington too this summer.

I can ride in my jeans and ski helmet, right?

Anybody up for a bike-off???

Greg

Staff member
Johnnypoach would be jealous.

thorski

In the flatlands of Ct. for a little bit longer.
Well, new to me at least. I haven't been on a bike since I was a kid, but decided to get into it as a summer activity. Got it off craigslist for a couple hundred or so, the guy said it was a downhill race bike but that he never got to ride it at the ski resorts so he had to sell it. It's nearly new....so I bought it...

attachment.php

I've also got my cases of mt. dew, so I'm ready to hit some sweet jumps and tear up the local trails.....probably Killington too this summer.

I can ride in my jeans and ski helmet, right?

Anybody up for a bike-off???

That is a junk wal-mart bike that would fail miserably and probably kill it's rider if it went down killington.
Does sundown have mountain biking???

Greg

Staff member

It's been suggested and I think Jarrod seriously considered it, but the general consensus is with great "free" places to ride nearby (Nepaug, Nassahegan, etc.) it wouldn't be that lucrative. Catamount has some DH MTB I think...

thorski

In the flatlands of Ct. for a little bit longer.
It's been suggested and I think Jarrod seriously considered it, but the general consensus is with great "free" places to ride nearby (Nepaug, Nassahegan, etc.) it wouldn't be that lucrative. Catamount has some DH MTB I think...

I have often wondered about those woods a bit past GB.
My hope is they some wood runs there with snowmaking. They could double as mountain biking trails, but yeah it might not be lucrative enough.

Highway Star

That is a junk wal-mart bike that would fail miserably and probably kill it's rider if it went down killington.

I think it will be fine as long as I don't grab too much front brake.

bvibert

Staff member
Johnnypoach would be jealous.

Isn't Johnnie's chrome beauty a Next? It looks very similar.

Too bad it doesn't have a kickstand, I'd be more interested if it did.

Got any close-ups of that awesome looking bash guard??

TheBEast

Agreed, better off spending a few hundred more and get something low end from a real mountain bike manufacturer (Cannondale, Trek, etc....). 1 day at Killington on the fire roads will kill that bike (speaking from experience as when I was young and dumb I thought my Murray could handle the big K and it failed miserably).

Good luck.

ComeBackMudPuddles

Agreed, better off spending a few hundred more and get something low end from a real mountain bike manufacturer (Cannondale, Trek, etc....). 1 day at Killington on the fire roads will kill that bike (speaking from experience as when I was young and dumb I thought my Murray could handle the big K and it failed miserably).

Good luck.

our favorite son paid $200 for his bike and you're telling him it's better to spend $600?

why? especially at the price range of $200-500, isn't it all about the components on the bike and not the frame? why pay for a brand name frame like cannondale or trek for a cheap bike?