My new bike, ready to hit the trails...!! - Page 25

AlpineZone

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
    I was thinking about upgrading my Pentium with some SRAM but that doesn't sound like such a good idea now.

Quote Originally Posted by Domeskier View Post
    I was thinking about upgrading my Pentium with some SRAM but that doesn't sound like such a good idea now.
    Yeah, I think you need to upgrade to a smaller tower and an LCD before more SRAM.

"For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
    Yeah, I think you need to upgrade to a smaller tower and an LCD before more SRAM.

If the SRAM only has 12 speeds I probably don't even need such a big air conditioner to keep it cool. I lost a sweet ANSI dragon I was making for my BBS last year when my 386 overheated, so I'm a little gun-shy.

Hey, are any of you guys running Z-Torque Cranks? They're the next big thing in performance biking, anybody know where I can get a pair?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...asier?ref=live

"For example, I ski without a helmet and with bindings that basically don't release." - Highway Star

Quote Originally Posted by Highway Star View Post
    Hey, are any of you guys running Z-Torque Cranks? They're the next big thing in performance biking, anybody know where I can get a pair?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...asier?ref=live

I hope you're joking. It looks like that business idea failed to get even 50 backers and died in 2012. Ridiculous concept IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mlctvt View Post
    I hope you're joking. It looks like that business idea failed to get even 50 backers and died in 2012. Ridiculous concept IMO.
    I'm serious, check out this testing!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be2VeQ2UHqY

So, since I always like to stay ahead of the technological curve, I'm think about picking up an e-bike, or an e-bike conversion kit. If I could get my NEXT modded up like this, it would be even more awesome:

Can I do it for under $100?
    Last edited by Highway Star; May 12, 2016 at 10:31 AM.

^It looks like it needs solar panels also.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

So, I was shopping online a bit, and ran across a deal on this bike, think I'm going to pick it up!

I can't quite tell if you have enough redundant breaking power on that bike, but it appears to be lacking a complete set of pads. I saw a primo set for sale while surfing my WebTV. The bike is just to show off the pads, so don't get your hopes up like I did:

SDC11953.jpg

Thread Information