• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My new bike, ready to hit the trails...!!

Domeskier

Guys, should I pick this up for cruising round town?

I don't see how you could go wrong with this one. For years, bike manufacturers have been encouraging us to take their products into mountains and forests, but have left us completely defenseless against the moose and bears and panthers and crocodiles that live in them. These guys are giving you the security of a compound bow in place of a structurally superfluous down tube. With a seat that properly conforms to a guy's sensitive anatomy. I'm a little concerned about the lack of reflectors, but I do not recommend riding bicycles after sunset anyway, except in extreme emergencies and always with a reflective vest.

Highway Star

I don't see how you could go wrong with this one. For years, bike manufacturers have been encouraging us to take their products into mountains and forests, but have left us completely defenseless against the moose and bears and panthers and crocodiles that live in them. These guys are giving you the security of a compound bow in place of a structurally superfluous down tube. With a seat that properly conforms to a guy's sensitive anatomy. I'm a little concerned about the lack of reflectors, but I do not recommend riding bicycles after sunset anyway, except in extreme emergencies and always with a reflective vest.

Thanks buddy, I did pick that up and have been riding it for several years now.

BodeMiller1

The new mountain bikes are incredible. Checking out some of the new Black Diamonds. Amazing how fast tech is changing the industry.

Highway Star, always ahead of the curve. :daffy:Solid ski-off knowledge to boot.