• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

My new bike, ready to hit the trails...!!

Highway Star

Holla S! You must be training real hard to achieve speed like that.

My jeans were flipping all over the place, and the visor on my full face popped out of place.....it was sick. Rear wheel started shaking like a jackhammer.

thorski

In the flatlands of Ct. for a little bit longer.
My jeans were flipping all over the place, and the visor on my full face popped out of place.....it was sick. Rear wheel started shaking like a jackhammer.

DUDE-you need to be careful of a bike with hi-tech brakes like that one.
If they are adjusted to tight they can send you right over the handlebars.
At the speed you are talking you could really get hurt.
Look for the MtBSE sign at your loal bike shop for a trained professional to adjust those brakes.

RENO

DUDE-you need to be careful of a bike with hi-tech brakes like that one.
If they are adjusted to tight they can send you right over the handlebars.At the speed you are talking you could really get hurt.
Look for the MtBSE sign at your loal bike shop for a trained professional to adjust those brakes.

One can only hope...:smile:

Highway Star

So, I finally got up the nerve to ride off some bigger drops and ledges. About 2-3ft. Is that small to medium sized? They weren't that difficult, pretty flat before and after the drop, so they were pretty easy to ride off and land....

Anyway, the bike makes a huge clunking sound and shudders badly when I land. The bike seems a bit less solid and the wheels don't feel smooth anymore. Is there anything I should look at on the bike to make sure it's ok?