• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Site colors

Greg

Staff member
bvibert said:
Much better:

User CP>>Options>>Forum Skin

:beer:
Cheater. ;) Even easier - scroll to the bottom of any forum page and there's a "Quick Style Chooser" drop down on the left side of the green (or blue) bar.

bvibert

Staff member
Greg said:
Cheater. ;) Even easier - scroll to the bottom of any forum page and there's a "Quick Style Chooser" drop down on the left side of the green (or blue) bar.
Cool, I don't ussually scroll down the far so I missed it... ;)

BTW, I may even change to the dreaded summer colors this year, for some reason it didn't seem as bad this time around... Winter for now though... ;)

awf170

Ummm Greg. One of the biggest snow storms of the year is going to be hitting northern NE tomorrow so why did you change it?

Greg

Staff member
awf170 said:
Ummm Greg. One of the biggest snow storms of the year is going to be hitting northern NE tomorrow so why did you change it?
Historically, it's when we hit 70*F which we've done a few times already - I just didn't have the style created at that point...

Mike P.

Because every party needs a pooper, glad to see it green. I like snow when it's time & it missed it's time.

Now I'm not planning on hiking in the ADK's or Greens until June or later so a big snow there I'm fine with but I'm Catskill bound in 25 days & I picked there as the best chance for some elevation gain w/out snow.

Memorial Day is back in the Whites which hopefully are 99% green at that point, a little snow at 4600 feet or so on F-Ridge & Twinway I can deal with.

skibum1321

Mike P. said:
Because every party needs a pooper, glad to see it green. I like snow when it's time & it missed it's time.

Now I'm not planning on hiking in the ADK's or Greens until June or later so a big snow there I'm fine with but I'm Catskill bound in 25 days & I picked there as the best chance for some elevation gain w/out snow.

Memorial Day is back in the Whites which hopefully are 99% green at that point, a little snow at 4600 feet or so on F-Ridge & Twinway I can deal with.
You hikers are always trying to put a downer on our ski season ;).

Mike P.

Not really, I'm out in the snow hiking, snowshoeing too.

As the Byrds sang, "For every Season" & Ski season ends on tax day typically unless you want to walk on Killington to get to the snow or walk up to ski Tuckerman's.

Besides the season is still going on in the Alps, & it will soon be prime season in SA. Don't want to hurt the tourist trade i those places.

Did VT & The ADK's get snow last night? anything meaningful?

NYDrew

ga2ski said:
If that is all it took to get snow, leave it green all the time.

hahahahahahaha. I've been saying it all season. Today is the day three days before the day after tomorrow. In otherwords....august winter from hell!!!!! (which us skiiers refer to as valhalla)

Still, change it back to blue, its freaking snowing in Binghamton.

skibum1321

Mike P. said:
As the Byrds sang, "For every Season" & Ski season ends on tax day typically unless you want to walk on Killington to get to the snow or walk up to ski Tuckerman's.
Actually, lift served skiing usually goes into early May. This year looks like it may be the exception, however.

bvibert

Staff member
bvibert said:
BTW, I may even change to the dreaded summer colors this year, for some reason it didn't seem as bad this time around... Winter for now though... ;)
Well, I tried the summer theme for about 10 minutes just now...

It was all right, but the fact that the buttons were still all blue was really bugging me, so I switched back to winter... ;)

Greg

Staff member
Northern Litchfield County, CT has a frost advisory tonight. I'm right on the line between Northern and Southern Litchfield County, but if we get a decent frost tonight, you know what that mean.......

bvibert

Staff member
Northern Litchfield County, CT has a frost advisory tonight. I'm right on the line between Northern and Southern Litchfield County, but if we get a decent frost tonight, you know what that mean.......

:beer: :snow:

ALLSKIING

Staff member
WOW...That would be nice an early this year. Last year it was on Oct 21 and it really was not much of a frost. Then again it really was not much of a winter.

Greg

Staff member
Looks like we might dip well into the 30's Friday and Saturday morning. Maybe one of those will be the day...