• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2010 Sundown Bump Comps

bvibert

Staff member
Hey, if they had more brackets I'm sure more people would compete. Like, I'm over 50 and don't wear a helmut. Who wears a helmut bump skiing???

I don't know anyone who wears a helmut, but everyone I know wears a helmet while skiing bumps, except for a few loons in the spring time.

ski220

I don't know anyone who wears a helmut, but everyone I know wears a helmet while skiing bumps, except for a few loons in the spring time.

You must not know very many people.

But seriously, how about a few age brackets.

bvibert

Staff member
There hasn't been enough entrants to justify additional age brackets, especially in the first comp. A 40+ age bracket would be just fine with me though.

Grassi21

ha ha. just kidding. i might make my hs kids come watch me during the 2nd comp. :eek:

downhill04

I have 2 suggestions for both comps,

• Have the transition after the jumps a little bit longer. This way I have enough room for a speed check after I land instead of landing in the bumps.

• Have an ambulance sitting at the end of the course with the doors open and a gurney waiting. This way I have quick and immediate transportation to the hospital after I crash and burn…again :oops: I still don’t remember driving home from the comp or the time I spent in the hospital that night. :-?

Grassi21

if you actually sack up and do the gunny comp:smash:

true true. i am going to ski a day or two with one of my hs lax players early next season. he an his brother are sponsored and do a ton of slope style comps. it will literally be a crash course in getting air. :lol:

MR. evil

true true. i am going to ski a day or two with one of my hs lax players early next season. he an his brother are sponsored and do a ton of slope style comps. it will literally be a crash course in getting air. :lol:

Do they have some magic elixer to help you grow a pair?:grin:

If so I could use some of that stuff for MTB