• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

improvements 2009-2010

whiteface valmas

i was just wondering if any mountain is planning an expansion or improvements over the summer. the bad ecenomic climate would make it a bad time. aside from the usual, 5more snowmakers, etc, is anyone doing anything big?

i know gore wants to do a connection between the ski bowl and ski area(read the adk forum)
any one else?

I don't get it..but Killington is always putting in new lifts and new trails..maybe they'll build some more rails and boxes for the jibhonks..or build some moguls..

I heard the storage shed where they keep the moguls in the summer has burned down...so unless they can come up with some cash K won't have any moguls next year! Bummer.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
[s][/s]

I heard the storage shed where they keep the moguls in the summer has burned down...so unless they can come up with some cash K won't have any moguls next year! Bummer.

Hmmmm I wonder if it was the same douche bags who burnt down the lodge at Vernon Valley...der I mean Mountain Creek.

I smell a conspiracy

ERJ-145CA

I was told that Hidden Valley plans to install a faster motor in their triple chair which will be nice because it's the main chairlift. When they run the double I could get 2 more runs an hour versus the triple.

Last edited:

tarponhead

I believe Jay Peak lists an expansion on their site. Don't know the date.

Loooking forward to skiing the new trails at whiteface

SIKSKIER

Cannon

Don't know of much work on the mountain but the main Peabody lodge is supposed to look a lot different.They are blowing out the wall towards the detach and turning the bar area back over to a day lodge setup.The side towards the old Peabody will be expanded to the brook and house the ski shop and or rentals.The bar will be a new expansion on the Brookside end,bumped out on the deck in front of the kitchen.My main concern is losing a lot of the deck area that has grown over the years.This was the last plan I heard closing weekend and that was a change from a month before that.I'm sure things are probably different as I write this.We'll see.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Don't know of much work on the mountain but the main Peabody lodge is supposed to look a lot different.They are blowing out the wall towards the detach and turning the bar area back over to a day lodge setup.The side towards the old Peabody will be expanded to the brook and house the ski shop and or rentals.The bar will be a new expansion on the Brookside end,bumped out on the deck in front of the kitchen.My main concern is losing a lot of the deck area that has grown over the years.This was the last plan I heard closing weekend and that was a change from a month before that.I'm sure things are probably different as I write this.We'll see.

This is something that is definitely needed. Granted Super Bowl Sunday was fairly busy, but it appeared to me that the Peabody BL had no where near enough capacity for a weekend crowd at Cannon.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Is there an article or pictures for the Cannon expansion because I am getting a headache trying to make sense of what they are doing....

:blink:

tarponhead

the 2 new trails at whiteface are good,
lookout below is steep,, narrow and is bumbed up :smile:
the willmington trail is s nice cruiser with some steeps and nice views

Been some years since I was there. Going there this Christmas break with my family.

What about Hoyts Highway?